Atlantis Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Pics Michiel  :thumleft:

Miskien eendag as ek groot is

He was riding with me then he went round a dune and i lost sight of him. Turns out it was a Donga that he could not get speed to get out of. I lost him then and soon after had my off. At that point he had a function he had to go to, so I assumed he was gone from atlantis.
After my tumble I went and collected my bag with cellphone in it from a bush and headed for the exit. While I was at the exit trying to sort my broken helmet out, he called me and asked me to go help him, but being hurt I could not, and we did not have any of the dogs numbers? He managed to get out by bundubashing away from the dunes and going to one of the perimiter roads and then to the exit.
A bit chaotic I must say. Note to self:never ride without cellphone ever!!

mine aren't great, but at least i got one or 2 of Michiel  ;)

Thanks again chaps!
ED - sorry i didn't find you cause i rode around the whole place for ages looking for missing people, but ur son said you'd prob left, so when i eventually found the others who were with Kreef i thought that was all of us. Glad you OK man!

resize2.jpg

resize5.jpg

resize6.jpg

jolene (sorry dude - i had to  ;D )  bins it >:D - ok, i cannot lie, the bike fell on him while we were waiting for the rest  :biggrin:
resize1PA030487.jpg

This one was the real thing tho...
resize4.jpg

resize3.jpg

I must say that is pretty kak evidence :D. On the other hand, I actually posed for this photo... (could have got the bike up before mr Camera man was ready :'( :'()

One day I wanna ride like you guys. Fokken pro ekse!!
You know what they say (practice makes painful)...

Thanks for the compliments on the pics guys.

Although the day was very enjoyable for me I should admit that for someone who don't know the dunes it must have felt a bit irratic. I realize now that we should rather pair up buddies or something to avoid people getting stuck out of sight. Letting others know where you off to is also a good idea and this way nobody will have to guess guess around while you might be in trouble.

I feel fairly comfortable riding around Atlantis but know that there are booby traps around the fringes and once you go down where you can't get enough speed to go up again you are FU*KED! During the last year I had a couple of very benoude oomblikke and instead of feeling more comfortable with Atlantis as time goes by she scares me more and more. Beautiful she still stay.

Dune002-1.jpg

AtlantisDebut009.jpg