Aussie bloke riding a YBR125 around Southern Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Morning Folks

3 weeks back I put up a new member intro saying g'day and asking the best way to get a bike given it would take me up to 6 weeks to register a bike in my name.

As it turns out I met a Wild Dogs member called Tour (aka Rudi) from Wellington down at V&A waterfront in Cape Town and he's been a bloody big help. I bought a new Yamaha YBR125 and he registered it in his name and sorted out registration and getting a plate for me so I can go on my African Moto Adventure.

So far I've ridden up in the Cederbergs, down to Gordan's Bay for Xmas and then to Struiss Bay. A couple of days ago I rode up to Oudtshoorn to check out the Cango caves and now I'm chilling at Rocky Road Backpackers in Nature's Valley.

The plan from here is to check out

- Wild Coast
- Drakensbergs
- Lesotho
- Durban
- St Lucia
- Swaziland
- Southern Mozambique
- Zimbabwe
- Zambia
- Botwana
- Namibia

Before returning to Cape Town in roughly 3 months. I think this is a decent amount of time to complete a southern loop.

I've got some insight into things I want to see and do along the way from lonely planet and some local magazines I've read but any ideas would be awesome!

I'll do my first ride report in the next day or so but looking forward to meeting some of you guys as the hospitality so far in SA has been amazing!

Cheers
Jono