Bavarian Motorcycles: Parys De Aar Adventure Rally 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalahariben

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
It's hard to believe (it feels like the 2009 event was just the other day...), but the next iteration of the annual Parys De Aar Adventure Rally is set to happen again VERY soon: 30 intrepid adventure seekers are set to meander from Parys to the Northern Cape town of De Aar next weekend.

I am also extremely proud of the fact that Bavarian Motorcycles (https://www.bmwgroup-dealers.co.za/opencms/sites/MOTORRAD/Bavarian_Motorcycles/) are again a huge supporter of this event - not only did they host a braai-and-drinks evening for us at the Pretoria East branch, but also sponsored the nicest fleece jackets (certainly the nicest that I have ever owned). Without their help this event most certainly will not have been possible.

So - we're set to spend some time on a game lodge just outside of Warrenton, to visit the koeksister monument in Orania, and of course to check whether the bar-in-De Aar is still stocked with cold beers... Can't wait!

Oh - and of course I took the liberty to book a Swedish massage in Orania (they happen to have a state-of-the-art health spa on the bank of the Gariep river) - can only be interesting...

And on goes my ramble: Mitsubishi Motors is also sponsoring 2 new Pajero Sport vehicles for back-up - should be very cool to see what these vehicles are cabable of.

Also - one of the participants is going to undertake the whole trip on a 1959 R50 with knobblies - respect man!

Anyway - enough of my scatterred thoughts - cheerio!