Best money spent on my F800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airheadsmile

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
I recently sold my 1100GS and replaced it with a 30 year addition F800GS 2011 model with 10500km on the clock. Much lighter and more fun on the technical stuff. :ricky:

Bike came with the quite a few nice extras:

-Bike has MP progressive springs up front and re-valved. :thumleft:
-Engine bash plate
-Ralle Moto steering damper. :thumleft:
-Wild at Heart high crash bars
-Wide foot pegs
-Head light protector
-BMW expandable top box  :p

These are the changes and extras I've added:

-De-cated and fitted a TrTec Titanium Oval Exhaust. This in my opinion is worth doing the bike seems far more responsive and sounds super cool. 8) Not to loud just right  :thumleft:
-After market washable air filter. Cant say i noticed any noticeable performance improvement just convenient with the dusty winter roads
-TrTec Rear shock support
-Front brake reservoir cover
-Rear brake reservoir cover
-TrTec Two Finger levers
-Wild at Heart flip down rear brake lever

And the best money spent on bike ATM Tunning remapped engine management. WOW! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: Best R3500k you can spend on your F800GS. Completely changes the bike.

The instant noticeable changes:

- Eliminated the infamous 800GS On Off low rev throttle response. Makes the slow technical stuff more controllable.
- Better power delivery before 4500. The power is proportionate to the hand throttle rotation. Before the remapping the power only really came on after 4500rpm.  The torque has noticeably improved below this rev range and above.
- Fuel economy seems the same even after some hard aggressive riding.

I did some research before deciding to go down this route. The original reason was to improve the lean fuelling in the low rev range that causes the On/Off throttle response. I looked at the other options available. some cheaper i.e. Temp sensor mod R1k and Power Commander R4k. Both these options do improve most things but do have some issues. After speaking to Roger at MotorRad in Durban and Chris another well know BMW mechanic who both recommended the remapping I decided to take the plunge. John from ATM drove to my place of work accessed the mapping file emailed it to head office in capetown. The down load took about 35 minutes. he emailed the encrypted file to cape town head office and the sent the remapped file back with in the hour. took about 20 min to down load and it was done. Painless and definitely the best mod I've done bang for buck!

The best way i can describe the improvement is that the bike seems more to have more torque and power and its all the way through the rev range. :ricky:

The durban franchise is run by John 084 602 5760.