Bike hire.Charity bike rider for amputee soldiers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all,

I'm a Brit who recently crossed Europe and into Africa, going down the West Coast. Through Morrocco,  Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal, The Gambia, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin and Nigeria. I did it solo and unsupported, self funded, without GPS or normal maps. ( self drawn maps from wifi) Raising awareness and donations for British amputee soldiers. I made the trip on a suzuki 125, living in a one man tent. It took me seven months. I only stopped at the Cameroon border, as the donations, via my website dried up. Which was the sole purpose for risking my life. I couldn't get the Challenge into the national press.  Non the less I raised 127,000 R. ( £7,500).

I returned to the uk in February, homeless, jobless and in debt. I knew that was going to happen, so it was no stress. Well, work etc is all sorted now. And I'm returning to Africa on 5 th November, to Johannesburg. To ride from Joburg into Botswana and Namibia. Then do the z.a. coastal route, anti clockwise. Back up to Joburg.

I don't want to ride a BMW or similar, just something simple and light. I've been told it's possible to rent a bike privately on here. If we come to a mutual agreement. Fingers crossed.

Soooo..?......a long winded wafffle . Does anyone have a four stroke, preferably air cooled, (not essential), bike they would like to rent to me.???

The above trip will be bloggged on ' An Idiot Got Bored........The Slow Way Down'. Again to raise awareness of amputee soldiers and donations.

Any help and advice would be great.

Cheers Will