BMW G450X - All I can say is ..................................

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since 2002 the picture for ZA automakers just aint as rosy anymore.

maybe those factors have caught up with it  :pot:

Taiwan is not China or even Korea.
They make good quality stuffs.

Guys

You're right. BMW will ensure the QA/QC is up to scratch and there will be no problem, in reality. Not so sure about perceptions and the inevitable teasing from the KTM guys ;D

Made in Germany (or Austria) just sounds better than "Made in Taiwan". But, hey, that's just me.

The communists might disagree but the work ethic and quality is very different.

I have some questions plottie, cover here or in print, I wanna know.

Fuel range and battery performance.

How easy does the happy buttom get it going? Is there any way to make it go with a dead battery. Cos even a bump start might not get the injectors working.
How fuel efficient is it? does it feel like a 250 with the lower COG?

shark_za said:
The communists might disagree but the work ethic and quality is very different.

I have some questions plottie, cover here or in print, I wanna know.

Fuel range and battery performance.

How easy does the happy buttom get it going? Is there any way to make it go with a dead battery. Cos even a bump start might not get the injectors working.
How fuel efficient is it? does it feel like a 250 with the lower COG?

Fuel: according to the spec sheet it is 8.5litres. Range - I'm still working on. Should have an answer this weekend
Battery: I cannot comment yet ( I have an opinion - but it will have to wait), but this I know - I could NOT bump it. Whether it was due to my incorrect way of doing it or the injector issue, I'm not sure

shark_za said:

Slight hijack here, but have you heard about how Kawa did it with the new KX450?

It doesn't have a battery - As soon as the kick-start lever moves power is generated and transferred to the ECU, in-tank aluminum fuel pump, and fuel-injector.

Read more here: https://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=6631&Page=1

Yeah, them and Suzuki managed to work an EFI from the kick start.
They dont even have batteries!!!

Plothond said:
BMWG450X015a.jpg

Is it just me?

Is that really Vernon?  :peepwall: