• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMX G650 X-challenge - SOLD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Crow

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
*** SOLD ***

Selling my beloved X-Challenge

Km: 19,500km
Year Model: 2008 (Reg Late Nov 2008)
Condition: Excellent
Front Tyre: Michelin T63
Rear Tyre: Mefo Super Explorer
Tyres have done 5,000km since fitted
Last Service: Done at 13,800km by Alf (Invoice Available)
Switchable ABS

Extras
- SCOTTS steering damper with "under bar" mount and 50mm bar raisers
- OHLINS rear shock - very expensive and almost impossible to find now (original air shock in perfect condition and to go with bike)
- Wings Exhaust
- Tail Tidy by Rockfox
- Garmin Montana Mount
- Aux Fuel Tank (bought from and fitted by Flying Brick)
- Hyde Frame guards

Notes:
- I'm the second owner (bought Oct 2015 - see details below, but read the rest of this post first!)
- The seat has been lowered a little bit.
- Small mark on the seat (see images)
- The bike is in excellent condition and is a hoot to ride.
- Range is around 340 km which equals 22.6km / l
- New battery, sprocket and chain fitted before I bought the bike in 2015 ( 12,000km since)
- Bike has been garaged every single night of its life in my hands. That's sweet and sour as it should have slept under the Karoo stars a couple of times
- Licence disk was renewed end April 2017
- No sparekey
- Sale will include original air shock
- Sale will include a set of 2-Finger Levers that hasn't been fitted.
- Sale will include original tail piece

Original Ad as posted by JustBendIt
Link to that ad here: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=181359.msg3376265#msg3376265

Selling on behalf of long time family friend - same guy who owned this bike I sold 2 weeks ago https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=180433.0

2008 BMW 650 X Challenge - first registered late November 2008
One owner - bought new from Zambesi Motorrad
Top spec model with ABS
Only done 7557 km - last serviced at 7400 km in August this year
Brand new sprockets and chain
Brand new battery

EXTRAS INCLUDED

SCOTTS steering damper with "under bar" mount and 50mm bar raisers
OHLINS rear shock - very expensive and almost impossible to find now (original air shock in perfect condition and to go with bike)

This bike was hardly ridden and lovingly looked after - always kept indoors - it is perfect condition and ready to go.

Reason for selling:
1. Had an ear op in 2010 which forced me to sell my then GS800. Recovery went well and I missed biking enough to buy a XR125L. That made place for a DRZ400E (which JustBendIt's brother in law bought from me), which made way for a CRF250L which made way for this. Unfortunately my ear is acting up again with the amount of riding I'm doing as I use the bike to travel to meetings as well.
2. There is no other reason. This is one mighty damn fine motorbike. More bikes should be made this way, but with proper suspension and a slightly bigger tank.  Buy it.

Asking: R65,000 with all extras as is
I paid R62,500 and then fitted the aux tank, Wings exhaust, tyres (changed from OE), bought 2 finger levers and had Garmin mount fitted

Attachments

• L2000419.jpg
    L2000419.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 657