Bob does Africa .... Part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Uncle Bob

Continued from
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=9092.0

Right, so where was I?...

Oh Yeah, I was still struggling with the realization that I couldnâ??t go any further although the wondering what the road up to London looks like-  and the urge to cross the equator along with the concern of my businesses going under if I took anotherâ?¦ mmmh say 3 months offâ?¦

Well obviously I decided to turn around, at this point there is nothing much to report until Malawi, I had to take the same route back as I came because of some roads being unsafe to travel alone. Did get to ride close to some elephant though.

45.jpg

46.jpg

I was looking forward to a â??newâ? part of the journey to start, my original planning was to stay and relax in Malawi and down the Mozambique coast, I was getting tired of riding almost every day and it was time to relax.

At my first fuel stop in Malawi the pump attendant asked me if I was late â?? HUH â?? I asked him why he asked that and he said itâ??s because my friends were here 3 days ago!

OK, so now at least I know that C&C (Chris & Celia) made it this far.

47.jpg

Man the Malawians are friendly, no wonder they call it the â??Warm heart of Africaâ? the only way to upset a Malawian is to tell him that the Zambians are friendlier!
THEY insisted I park my bike in the Hotel lobby.

48.jpg

The Next day I decided to haul ass down to Fat Monkeys, last day of hard riding I promised myself.

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

Well I pulled into the campsite to the AWESOME sight of two familiar looking faces (que the Charlie boorman â??I cried in my helmetâ? well no I didnâ??t but it was emotional OK.

All I will say is INCREDIBLYUNBELEIVABLYFUKKINGAWESOMEANDJUSTGREAT!!!!!!!!

53.jpg

53a.jpg

Chris getting his chi centered.
54a.jpg

Me getting my chi centered

54b.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

56a.jpg

57.jpg

57a.jpg

Kayaking around some islands

58.jpg

59.jpg

Another hard day in Africa ends.

59a.jpg

But all good things come to an end and we had to pack up again.

59b.jpg

Oh and I met this funny oke there â?? maybe some of you know himâ?¦

60.jpg

Rene organizing some kids to take photoâ??s as we leave

60a.jpg

60b.jpg

60c.jpg

60d.jpg

61.jpg

61a.jpg

Our next stop was to be Zomba, now this was something I would have totally skipped initially and oh boy would I have been sorry, it is beautifull!

61b.jpg

61c.jpg

61d.jpg

62.jpg

We stayed on a trout farm, they caught 2kgâ??s of trout for us and cleaned it, gave us 2 wheelbarrows full of wood and we feasted like KINGS. Might I add at this point that I baked a bread (roosterkoek) and even if I say so myself, it wasnâ??t half bad!

62a.jpg

62b.jpg

62d.jpg

62c.jpg

62e.jpg

63.jpg

63d.jpg

Time to head to Mozambique methinks

64.jpg

64a.jpg

64b.jpg

And again â?? the roads donâ??t do what you want them to do â?¦

64c.jpg

Well it being Africa and us being on bikes meant we could make a plan, we found a spot that the bikes could go over and our shortcut paid off, a short tar stint to the border and a stop to put some fuel (our last kwachas) into Celiaâ??s bike and of to MOZ we go.

Only to get to Tete â?? and there is NO petrol (funny at that point I thought it was really poor management and that â??this will never happen in South Africaâ? â?? yeah right!)

Gatvol and waiting for fuel in Tete

64d.jpg

Me leaving EARLY morning in search of fuel.

64e.jpg

We eventually got some black market fuel (no reference to race mind you.)

64f.jpg

64g.jpg

So off we go to Cahorra Bassa  to teach some Tigerfish a lesson or two.

64j.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

66a.jpg

67a.jpg

And this is Chris showing how big those tigers are going to be

67.jpg

Well to find out EXACTLY how big the tigers were you are going to have to check report 3â?¦

Continued @ https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=9805.0

Well, so far I'm getting a fair bit jealous! Well done! Keep it coming, I hope you will give some stats at the end of this?

54a.jpg

54b.jpg

Very cool pics  O0

What an amazing trip Uncle Bob. You are very privliged to be undertaking a trip like this, well done.
I travel through Africa a lot for work and i always marvel at the places where a person can ride. I always say: "one day".

Thanks for making it a reality in your dreams and allowing us to share it too.
Nyama Choma is the best (That's the goat meat hanging in the cage - goes well with a Safari and Ugali!) ;D

Looking forward t the next installment!

Excellent keep it coming. This is Rene the Canadian he was with us on the Baviaans bash last year. Check out his travels in our International section in ride reports

60.jpg

Awsome ride guys

Love this pic
67a.jpg

Was there at xmas
Had same boat and guide What a good chap

Hey Bob

That is some awsome reading.  ;D  Im amazed you went for it solo, I suppose does make things flexible.

I hate reports like this  :mad:

It makes me want to pack my stuff and go on a trip  :D

Thanks for the good read.

Big brass balls bud. To do that on your own is incredible.

I'm green with envy.

Respect.

Now I'm green with envy!  I wanna do a trip north!  Now post no 3 please!

hey dude,

this in the true sense of great adventure!! I just love it.

AWESOME  ;D ;D

Brilliant!!!

Oh those pics of the green trees and the brown earth and the valleys!!

Post more!

Congrats on a great trip, glad you are safely back home.

Latest posts