Bonjour Parys ek se!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately I had a premonition and had bought a slime power sport pump, set up a power point, got an extra tyre lever etc etc just days before, the team sprung into action.....

Attachments

• DSC01622.JPG
    DSC01622.JPG
    155.8 KB
We found a stump to use as a center stand , but brawn overcame brain on our first attempt and put all the weight on the front end.... :imaposer:

Attachments

• DSC01623.JPG
    DSC01623.JPG
    175.4 KB
We reversed our options and Newton began to overcome Murphy....

Attachments

• DSC01624.JPG
    DSC01624.JPG
    163 KB
  • DSC01626.JPG
    DSC01626.JPG
    221.6 KB
  • DSC01627.JPG
    DSC01627.JPG
    118.8 KB
Everyone got involved..... even the camera lady.

Attachments

• DSC01629.JPG
    DSC01629.JPG
    157.9 KB
  • DSC01631.JPG
    DSC01631.JPG
    248.9 KB
  • DSC01634.JPG
    DSC01634.JPG
    196.6 KB
The offending tube, I was amazed at how tough the Alps rim is, was running pressure at 2.3 bar so must have hit hard to bite the tube like this, the rim is fine......

Attachments

• DSC01635.JPG
    DSC01635.JPG
    101.6 KB
In exactly 56 minutes we were back in business, without Cantride's efforts it probably would have taken 2-3 times that time, Thanks mate!  :thumleft:

Attachments

• DSC01643.JPG
    DSC01643.JPG
    151.4 KB
Nothing much exciting happened further, but a short trip became a great adventure and much fun was had by all, arriving back a much needed thirst quencher was needed.............. Next time, the waterberg area......................The End

Attachments

• DSC01644.JPG
    DSC01644.JPG
    96.7 KB
Lekker man...

I plan to ride there next Sunday.

Where is that Nottingham Rd Pub?  (I have to get a pic of da PEEG with their picture of The Pig.)

I assume it's in Parys somewhere?

Its called the...... its in the main road of Parys, I'm sure Cantride can tell you exactly where.

Attachments

• DSC01607.JPG
    DSC01607.JPG
    134.7 KB
Cool man !

And where is that pub with the vinyl records on the wall? (I collect, re-condition and LISTEN TO vinyl records - not CDs...)

Thanks for the schweet RR  :thumleft:
Had a good laugh at the sitbok meat  :laughing4:
And yes transalp 650 is the most beautiful ever  :pot: :peepwall:

Waterberg is my hood, there is a fred under planning a ride for the Bosveldfees in early July  :thumleft:

Damn, will prob be overseas for that one, but certainly keen on your area, enjoyed your report with the pizza bike crew as well, the true spirit of adventure  :thumleft:

Thanx for a lekker RIDE......somewhat adventurous!!!

Well done, Cantride & Wildcoast!  Just shows it's better to just go for a ride in the vicinity, than to plan for that huge adventure that never happens...  Time to ride to Parys again.

WILDCOAST said:
In exactly 56 minutes we were back in business, without Cantride's efforts it probably would have taken 2-3 times that time, Thanks mate!  :thumleft:

I was just SUPERVISING!!!!......as always!!!

Nice RR but when I saw the sign for Nottingham Road Pub and the BunnyChow, my first thought was...........................FFS, they really did get lost and landed up in KZN !  ;D