Boots and Riding Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi Guys, Please Help!!!
We are checking out the viability of launching a Guided Adventure Motorcycle Touring Division within our Company, ECO-TOURS SA. These Tours will be fully inclusive of Tour Guide, Motorcycle hire, Gear hire, etc. In order to comply with common "riding sense" we will need to equip our Tour Guides & Guests with quality essential Riding Gear such as Jackets, Pants, Boots, Helmets, Goggles, etc. Our Foreign Travel Agents tell us that their Guests would prefer to bring their own helmets and certain Riding Gear, but we would like to have additional Gear available for sale and hire. Obviously there is a budget involved and so far, we have secured a South African supplier for "all weather" CORDURA Jackets & pants with body armour, but when it comes to suitable Riding BOOTS, we cannot agree. Before you hit me with what BOOTS you recommend, let me explain what we need: As we would like to support a SA Company, they must be produced in SA; they must function as Riding Boots, not "look like" Riding Boots, they must be comfortable and can be worn both on the Bike and also off the Bike for extended periods, even to a degree that tucked under jeans, they look smart, longlasting for Hire purposes, etc. I am sure you get my idea.
I recently checked out a range of ZERO2 Boots. Besides being sold by a very likeable Lady, the Boots look good and could just serve our purposes but I would like the Forum Members to give us some input regarding these and any other Boots on the market that you feel might suit our needs. This Project is still in its "concept" stage, but as you know, extensive homework and prior planning needs to be done and any advice from the Forum Guys would be much appreciated.