BRAKE PADS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Think I made a mistake ! My first pad replacement was on a trip to Cape town some 4.5 years ago . Was in Wilderness and the OEM pads were on the thin side , so decide a replacement is called for , off to the bike shops in George , no one could help , suggested I try AST in Mosselbay , low and behold they had stock , Fitted some SBS sintered pads and they have been great , lasted 50k kilos or close to that , Reached the end of there life and again time for new pads , As a dealer I can buy wholesale , but cant buy from the SBS or BREMBO supplier , but can buy from the GALFER supplier , problem was they had no stock of sintered only organic , So opted for them , and find that they dont seem to have the same bite as the sintered , Maybe a waste of money buying the organic , and maybe better to change to sintered , or is this just in my mind ?
The bike stops , but it just feels as if the bite on the front brakes is less , any ideas?