BRAND NEW: Front Panel Carrier - FITTED !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hi guys,
EDIT:
Sorted!  I bought a brand new one from da Stealers and fitted it today.  The front of the bike is once more SOLID ! 
:ricky:

I damaged the Front Panel Carrier/[ Headlight and Oil Cooler Mount Bracket] -it's the large plastic moulding that carries the screen, headlight and oil cooler-  a few years ago in on "off" that I had outside Boshoff in the Free State and did a repair on the "Front Panel Carrier"/[ Headlight and Oil Cooler Mount Bracket] myself. Well,  upon stripping the front of the bike today,  it appears that it has more damage to it (sustained from my off at Verneukpan last year).

After my Verneukpan incident last year, the front of the bike appeared to be a bit misaligned - I thought that it would be the metal tube Fairing Bracket that holds the whole thing together (these often get bent or have some of the tabs break off).  Well,  today,  after opening the PEEG up for major cosmetic surgery,  I found out that the metal Fairing Bracket is 100% true but that the plastic "Front Panel Carrier" is the culprit.

I would prefer to either fit a 2nd-hand one (in good condition) or might even resort to buying one from the stealers.

Guys,  PLEASE keep your eyes open for this part and let me know of anyone that I may stand a chance of getting one from.  [I live around the corner from ACME and in the last 2-years, I have been going in there periodically looking for one,  I have not found one in-tact yet !]

Attachments

• Instrument Panel Binnacle Bracket.JPG
    Instrument Panel Binnacle Bracket.JPG
    56.8 KB