Breedt's Nek - Good news and bad news.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepBass9

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I just took a quick spin over Breedt's Nek and discovered the following:
The bad news is that the people that own Breedt's Nek farm do not want any bikers on the farm at all whatsoever, so driving on the small roads up to the top of the mountain is a complete no no. You must stick to the road itself.
The good news is that there is a biker's pub at Maanhaarrand just below Breedt's nek. Its called the Old Post Pub and did in fact used to be the old post office. This is now being run by a guy called Wimpie (y?) who is a member of Rustenbug MCC, so they have a lot of bikers through there. The place opens at 10 every day and closes whenever. I have heard from some of the Magaliesburg locals that in the old days the post boxes were still outside the pub and functioning, so what you could do is phone the pub and they would put a cold skelm castle in your post box for after hours consumption!

Sorry, no pictures, forgot to take a camera.

Hey DB
I was on breedts on saturday morning - watched the sunrise.

i could not see any traces of signs prohibiting bikes from going to the lookout point.

I also followed some of the little roads and saw some ruts that was caused by kwats spinning their wheels ala burnout fashion - maybe because of that.

I saw some nice antelope while doing these little roads as well as a giraffe just below the 2 last major bend up breedts.

Will the 4x4's driving on the same tracks as us also be banned??

Attachments

• Image(270).jpg
    Image(270).jpg
    39.6 KB
  • Image(274).jpg
    Image(274).jpg
    21.7 KB
I also saw no signs ???

Attachments

• DSC02223.jpg
    DSC02223.jpg
    135.7 KB
Apparently there was a sign, so the guy I spoke to said, but 'bikers' ripped it out and so there is now no sign. Sounds a bit odd to me, but that is the story. Dunno, can you really exclusively own something that is just a natural mountain? All sorts of people tramp over my farm, but If I see them and they say hello, then so what? There are places that I 'own' that I haven't seen in 2 years, but as long as no one destroys them that I am quite happy.

If that mountain is on private property then it is his :mad:
I told you in your planning already that dude hates bikes.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=16259.0

and what about the farking mountainbikers....

if that dude has a gripe with people on his land.. he should put a fence up. it is the way of gauteng....

Grootseun said:
and what about the farking mountainbikers....

if that dude has a gripe with people on his land.. he should put a fence up. it is the way of gauteng....

Mountainbikes are "green"and makes no noise so they don't count.They are great for exercise but otherwise they suck >:D

Funny thing is, the people who I spoke to had erected a huge wooden cross. Dunno if they planning to use it for bikers?