Burgersdorp200 and surrounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobCrouch

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Just got back a few hours ago from the Burgersdorp200 Off Road.
Fellow WD Tulie die Varkboer finished the race but the Yammie may need a rebuild... losing the oil drain plug caused the engine to make a lot of pig like sounds... after a liberal dose of Diesel Oil he continued the saga of the intrepid pork farmer. Better luck next time Tulie. Pic shows him prepping his fuel cans for pit crew member Carene.

Then it was time for the line up... after that I got rather busy on the route and did not take any more pics.

This morning I took some pics of the Hut's excellent accommodation and surrounds. Then I let the front wheel decide where to go...

Attachments

• 100_7689 (Small).JPG
    100_7689 (Small).JPG
    71.4 KB
  • tulie (Small).JPG
    tulie (Small).JPG
    69.3 KB
  • 100_7690 (Small).JPG
    100_7690 (Small).JPG
    47.7 KB
  • burgersdorp (Small).JPG
    burgersdorp (Small).JPG
    43.6 KB
  • 100_7673 (Small).JPG
    100_7673 (Small).JPG
    62.9 KB
The Stormberg beckoning in the distance.
Then some calves were not even phased by the loud bike that pulled up to the fence at Witkop.
Some very pretty kloof's were seen and eventually I ended up on the N6... turned left and battled the wind all the way back to Bloem on the N6 with MD riding shotgun after meeting up with her on her way back from Hoggies at Aliwal
Must go back and do some more exploring there, the scenery and roads are devine... :thumleft:

Attachments

• 100_7692 (Small).JPG
    100_7692 (Small).JPG
    36.5 KB
  • 100_7696 (Small).JPG
    100_7696 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB
  • 100_7699 (Small).JPG
    100_7699 (Small).JPG
    56.4 KB
Thanks for sharing RobC

Tulie hope there is not to much damage! Good luck on the next race!

TVB said:
Thanks for sharing RobC

Tulie hope there is not to much damage! Good luck on the next race!
I wish I had taken more pics though... but the dirt ride this morning was like a mini vacation! :thumleft:
I think a mechie in Bethlehem had better pack his bags... monday morning a certain swine farmer is going to be on the hunt for the twit that never tightened that plug when the bike got serviced! >:D
Fortunately we had enough daylight left to squeeze some time in for the few that had experienced a few problems, nice having all the competitors that had running bikes/quads getting a finish.

Hi it's Tulies wife Carene here!
Thanks for everything this weekend!!!  Tulie ended up 3rd in the Senior Bike class, problems and all.
There are a lot of damage to his bike, but this time his bike is in good hands.  Jonathan Webster, that won the overall that day, took his bike home and he is now going to fix it proper.

Tulie said:
Hi it's Tulies wife Carene here!
Thanks for everything this weekend!!!  Tulie ended up 3rd in the Senior Bike class, problems and all.
There are a lot of damage to his bike, but this time his bike is in good hands.  Jonathan Webster, that won the overall that day, took his bike home and he is now going to fix it proper.
Mooi man! That motor was rattling like a can of jumping beans on a hot stove!