Buying Stuff Online from the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Zog

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL500S
I have discussed this with Hein (Kilroy) and have his full permission  :thumleft:

I have read threads here about guys buying stuff from vendors in the USA, and then having issues with the stuff either being stolen at SAPO, or going missing, or being held up for long periods at ORT mail center customs.

Some guys use websites where it looks like you have a US address, and your stuff is forwarded to you.

I am resident in the USA, and can offer my services.

How will it work?

Well, you go online and see the item that you want. You buy it with your credit card, or paypal, and then they cancel the sale because they don;t ship to SA anymore. And for them to specially take your order to a courier company just isn't worth their while. So you lose out on that deal unless you have that US-address website jobbie.

Instead, you buy the item online, and ship it to my US address. When it gets here, I will make sure that the packaging is good enough for it to travel all the way to SA (a lot of US shippers pack things very simply, the USPS is usually very careful with packages) Then I will make sure that it has the correct Customs Tariff Code on the package. Stuff like bike spares is Duty Free, so you don't have to pay import costs, just the VAT.

Then I'll take it down to the local UPS or Fedex office, and COURIER it to you in SA.

You pay the courier costs into my SA bank account (no worries about international money transfres!) and I send you the tracking number.

And I charge you a set fee for my time, effort, gas (fuel) and repackaging. Set fee will be R200 per item (package) at this stage. That will just about cover my costs. The local UPS office is about 8 MILES from my house, the FEDEX office a bit further. Bigger items that may require additional packaging etc may be charged more, but I'll discuss with you beforehand.

Of course, you must mail me beforehand, so that I am aware that you are using me as your "mule" :peepwall:  :imaposer:

PM me if you want to make use of this service  :thumleft:

OK. EDIT...  I have couriered a couple of items now, and it is MOEROFA expensive... Starting at around $150,00 for a very small, very light package. Keep this in mind should you think about getting something couriered.