Canals Nooby Run, Sat 29 Dec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingroads

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
DKW (all models)
First and foremost - if I have to describe today in two words, it will be

FRIKEN AWESOME

Thank you Mike for arrangements, thank you to everybody who joined and thank you that as far as my knowledge goes, everybody made it safely home.

This RR will be a group effort, so please put up pics, and stories from your point off view. I will do mine later, have to go through9000 pics first.

Again thank you to averybody who joined. It was one amazing day.

From my side - the day started when I woke up late, around 5h30, and after a rush dressing we headed to our departure. Just as we finished filling up, Topie and Junior arrived and we hit the road.

Took a different route, and met Leo1 on the way, and got to the garage where some dogs waited already.

As usual it did not take long for more to arrive, and starting the ride we were a good 20 to 25 bikes.

First bit went well, but then we hit mud. Not alot, Surely not enough to make me/us turn around, but just enough to improve the nooby riding in different conditions. A nice add on on last weekends ride.

Couple more water crossings, plenty slipping and sliding, but all great fun.

Some riders tore off as the ride went on due to other commitments, and sorry to say this, but you left to early. The last strecth had no mud, so faster riding.

During all the riding, I got very brave and decided to take the Katoom straight through water rather than the muddy snooty sides left by the earlier riders in the group.

My smile was ear to ear every time, even with some close calls.

We ended the day at Beestekraal, nice fatty and unheathy meal for me to add to the joys of the day, and knowing that I am stuck with rear brakes that was locked up. (Runner - I need pads and a disc urgently, and your friendly discounted new year service)

The bikes are clean, the gear in a pile, an me on my ass.

Tx everybody.

some pics by wessel

Attachments

• image002.JPG
    image002.JPG
    60.7 KB
  • image003.JPG
    image003.JPG
    55.3 KB
  • image004.JPG
    image004.JPG
    64.3 KB
  • image005.JPG
    image005.JPG
    52.5 KB
  • image006.JPG
    image006.JPG
    65.8 KB
  • image007.JPG
    image007.JPG
    65.8 KB
  • image008.JPG
    image008.JPG
    66.1 KB
  • image009.JPG
    image009.JPG
    67.7 KB
  • image010.JPG
    image010.JPG
    59.4 KB
  • image001.JPG
    image001.JPG
    62.5 KB
some pics by wessel

Attachments

• image012.JPG
    image012.JPG
    48.7 KB
  • image015.JPG
    image015.JPG
    51.7 KB
  • image014.JPG
    image014.JPG
    46.2 KB
  • image013.JPG
    image013.JPG
    51.9 KB
  • image011.JPG
    image011.JPG
    60.4 KB
some pics by wessel

Attachments

• image016.JPG
    image016.JPG
    44.4 KB
  • image017.JPG
    image017.JPG
    59.9 KB
  • image018.JPG
    image018.JPG
    63.9 KB
some pics by wessel

Attachments

• image019.JPG
    image019.JPG
    48.8 KB
  • image020.JPG
    image020.JPG
    52.3 KB
  • image021.JPG
    image021.JPG
    48.2 KB
  • image022.JPG
    image022.JPG
    57.6 KB
I totally agree  Douglas....it was an fantastic day.
Cool pics indeed Wessel, it was an awesome rideout.                                                                              Ive met a lot of new dogs today, it was really nice meeting you guys, and it was nice to once again ride with friends.

Looks like you guys had a blast. Sort of glad I didn't come. I expected it to be muddy, and this would have been a bit too technical with me not being able to stand yet.

Some pics from helmet cam.

Getting off the tar
X1700271.jpg

BMW riders doing the funky Meerkat

X1700333.jpg

Checking in on Nunique

X1700609.jpg

Yammie Chain Repair.

X1700656.jpg

And then hitting the trail again.

X1700773.jpg

Ride leader Mike checking in on the noobs, or ladies

X1700813.jpg

You can see in this BMW riders eyes how badly he wants a Katoom

X1700834.jpg

Interesting - BMW goes around mud, KTM goes through :pot:

X1701001.jpg

Amper Wessel, but you did not go down. Great save :thumleft:

X1701021.jpg

Again the flock gets checked before departing on the next leg.

X1701024.jpg

Playground

X1701395.jpg

After establisinh the real name is BMWobbleyou in mud, they take the scenic route :pot:

X1701489.jpg

Thanks all for a great day.  I did not know that there are two Engen garages at the intersection.  Eventually caught up to everyone.  A great day and this was one of the better outings.  I was exceptionally surprised at the small amount of mud. Those who left early missed the best part.

Wonder who left these markings?

X1701533.jpg

More funtime

X1701579.jpg

Finally caught up with Nunique again

X1701848.jpg

And her having fun

X1701903.jpg

X1701908.jpg

Approaching the dam wall

X1702106.jpg

Some Canals

X1702106.jpg

Sharingroads said:
mcpan said:
:(   i left too early....

hmmmm yes you did. Next time book out the entire day. :pot:

ek het julle gesien op julle terugkeer daar in pta nrd... die tucson wat getoeter het... was nice om julle mense te ontmoet, ek kan net amper niemand onthou...

Douglas ek hoop jy kon darm daai pap af was  :pale:

Thanks for a great day everyone and thanks Mike for organizing!  :laughing4:

Thanks all for making it. It definately was an awesome ride. Well done to the noobies that conquered the mud. Thanks also to all for your patience with the two repairs.

Thanks to everyone for a great ride. It was good to meet everybody. And thanks for helping me out woth my chain.

Thanks to everyone it has been great, my first mud experience...... (and the nerves do tend to get a bit shot) thanks for all your patience and help  :thumleft:. MINZI thank you for everything and sorry for your ears.................. ;D :thumleft: I will most definitely do it again.

Looks like great fun! Some nice pics!  :thumleft:

Latest posts