Capetown -Pretoria- Marloth Park-Pretoria-Capetown as theb drunk crow flies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left Pretoria early on th3 31st with Plans to get to Clarens and have festive with the Yuppies I had heard about

On the N3 near Heidelberg my front tyre went flat without warning I was going quite quick when it happened and needed all 3 lanes of the highway. The Velcro on the KTM seat worked very well.
Tried pumping up with some cheep emergency push bike slime (first mistake) got me about 5klm
Had to pull of on the side of the road and do the job properly  (???) Don't forget your sand paper at home!!!!
The spoke rubber protecting band is an absolute pain in the arse when you are on the side of the road in the cooking hot sun Pulled it out in frustration and replaced it with buff tape,
A big thanks to the wild dogs that stopped and offered a helping hand,

Attachments

• Slime.jpg
    Slime.jpg
    168.6 KB
  • Puncture repairs.jpg
    Puncture repairs.jpg
    119.2 KB
  • Rim Repairs.jpg
    Rim Repairs.jpg
    169.5 KB
  • Thorns.jpg
    Thorns.jpg
    108.8 KB
managed to get the bike going again and left my leather man on the side of the road
was still trying for clarens when I saw the road disappear into a thunder cloud, I was lucky and was invited to wait out the storm on the stoop of a farm stall. big thanks to the farm stalls hospitality as I would have got a hiding of note, even white stones were falling out the sky.  got as far as I could and the farm stall booked me into a bb in Rietze, If you in the area and recognize the stall give them my thanks,

Attachments

• Reitze.jpg
    Reitze.jpg
    138.7 KB
  • rain and hail.jpg
    rain and hail.jpg
    111.2 KB
  • rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    66.7 KB
  • wind.jpg
    wind.jpg
    72.1 KB
  • farmstall.jpg
    farmstall.jpg
    130.7 KB
  • storm coming.jpg
    storm coming.jpg
    112.3 KB
New years day and I was on the road at 5 in the morning with a great root planned early morning is absolutely  a stunning time to be on a bike,
ha ha when you put tube in don't pinch it the tyre let go as I road into Clarens

Attachments

• DSCN2456.jpg
    DSCN2456.jpg
    30.9 KB
  • DSCN2462.jpg
    DSCN2462.jpg
    73 KB
  • DSCN2463.jpg
    DSCN2463.jpg
    69.8 KB
  • DSCN2464.jpg
    DSCN2464.jpg
    70.5 KB
  • DSCN2465.jpg
    DSCN2465.jpg
    128.3 KB
one thing I did manage to learn was I roads might be need some up keep but our sign system is good
when you see a sign LISTEN
o and never under estimate the 3 legged stool

Attachments

• cows.jpg
    cows.jpg
    133.8 KB
  • goats.jpg
    goats.jpg
    156.2 KB
  • more pot hols.jpg
    more pot hols.jpg
    164.3 KB
  • pot hols.jpg
    pot hols.jpg
    93.3 KB
Nice trip!...went to look on the off chance that your Leatherman might still be where you left it, unfortunately no such luck