Cobra Rally - Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStriker

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Now I know us DS riders are not really rally-heads but I have always believed that any biker should attend at least one rally in his or her lifetime.

The weekend of the 3rd November is the Cobra Rally. Which of my fellow Capies will attend?

A little info about the rally:
The rally is organised by the Easy-Riders motorcycle club. They are a great group of bikers and proceeds of the rally will go to paying for the campsite, Lucky Draw prizes and charity.
The Easy-Riders club have been around for a while and scandelous rumours regarding drugs and crime still taint their image just like any bike club worth it's salt :wink:

There will be the usual food stalls, memerobilia stalls, bike displays, live bands, minor celebrities, and much more.
The Friday night is usually the best with strippers from Teazers performing in the big tent or some such enclosed building (no kids allowed). People are usually at their funniest on this night because the next day everyone can afford to nurse their hangovers.

Saturdays usually consist of an open invitation drag race where you can match your skills against other rally participants.
There is often some stunt guy performing tricks as well.
Saturday evening is the prize draw and all participants stand a chance to win one of several prizes the biggest of which is usually a brand new bike or equivalent sum in cash.

This year will be the 8th Annual Cobra Rally and the venue is outside Wellington on the Bainskloof road at a campsite called Antoniesvlei.

The GPS coordinates of the main gates are: S33 38.684 E19 03.951 (approximately)

Here is an GoogleEarth image of the site:
google1vr9.jpg

and:
google2ly8.jpg

Things to bring along and things to leave behind:
Toothbrush
toilet paper
comfy shoes
sleeping bag
tent
sunglasses
cozzie
cash (R500 should do it)

dont bring:
expensive items
food
extra clothing
attitude

A few forum members are already going and so am I ...although my one year wedding anniversary is on Sunday so I better be back in one piece, without STD, tattoos or police escourt.
Anyone have any ideas what I can do to treat the wife for the anniversary BTW?