Confession - KTM 990

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have a confession to make.  The 990S is the blue one (I'm sure you know...), and the 2006 and 2007 model years are very similar, except for the extra 20 mm travel and clearance, power outlet on dash, height adjustable back brake.  My bike is the best 990 ever built, no FI / "snatchy" problems and stuff the disadvantaged are complaining about, let alone the hard seat and all that.  Confession:  despite the minor changes and my huge respect for my scoot, I still abandoned her and fell for the carrot my favourite dealer was dangling out.  Moments of weakness.....  And the box arrived this morning!  It took a bit of sweat and clever steps to offload that box alone.... The bike is a lot lighter when you ride it.....

So the rest of today we spent some time taking all the bits and pieces off the old (it is actually still new!) bike and started transferring to the new one.  Steering damper, Akrapovic pipes, bash plate, crash bars, pannier brackets, stand extention, thermometer, etc....  And on Monday it will be with a little sadness that I send my 990 on her way for Johan to look after, and start my new journey on the new machine.

Thank you to my favourite KTM dealer for dangling the carrot out there....  And thanks to Hein for all the help with the wrenching, we did some serious work to get all the bits where they had to be.

HPIM4340.jpg

HPIM4344.jpg

HPIM4345.jpg

HPIM4349.jpg

HPIM4351.jpg