Couple of Yanks heading your way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Road_Hog

Hello Good People

This site is  really a gold mine of information and I want to thank those that made it happen.  Have rode through twenty countries thus far and have never found any country specific forum with near the amount of information as here. 

But on to an introduction, Wife (Martha) and I (Bob) run a farming and farm service operation here in Washington State, USA and decided a few years ago to start seeing the world by motorcycle, (more I decided and have coned her into coming along). We can get away for about two months during the winter, leaving the farm (cattle, hay, grain, and timber) to the crew.  Next on the list is Africa.  Hope to start in South Africa, ride through five or six close countries then back to South Africa and put bike in storage till the next winter (your summer) when we would ride north up the east coast.  Any and all ideas most appreciated on route, stopping points, must see list and  where we might be able to store bike for ten months.

As for what we will ride through Africa, I have gone over to the dark side and bought a BMW 1200 GSA.  This was a little hard for me as I got my first Harley when I was 18 and it just does not seem right not to shake and rattle. But after 12 Harleys a couple of Indians and a Buell it may be time to try something else.  Still have a ‘53 Indian Chief, ‘05 HD Electorglide, ‘08 Buell XB12X so I will have something to ride back home.  Martha has a ‘06 HD Softail Deluxe and an ‘04 HD Sportster (for sale if anyone wants to come ride the USA). 

In all our travels we have seen some amazing places but the best part has always been the people we meet along the way. Hope to meet up with many of you as we travel Africa.  Blog at “horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode” has South, Central. America, Mexico and Australia trips.

Attachments

• us.jpg
    us.jpg
    155.6 KB