Cracked rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR BIG 750

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S Big
I decided to finish my 93 RM 250 project for legends in PMB. I just had to do the wheels to finish project. I was riding the 250 last week setting carb etc, running strong now. I noticed the back end was very crappy , so got home washed it and stripped it, wheels off stripped shock out and a few odds and sods off for maintenance . any way stripped the wheels send rims in for anodising pretty quick got them back and rebuild them ( hence my post looking for new truing stand) yesterday I had the tyres refitted(kak job fitting tyres) then the fitter tells me my rims are cracked  :dousing: :mad:.  funny I had just relaced the 2 of them and I did not see a crack,  sure enought they are cracked on the weld seam, I suppose with pulling part and retension anodise etc they are 25 years + old, possible metal fatigue surely not a guy with tyre levers. So now I need 2 new rims 21 and 19 inch Gold exel I think. then on to the rear shock. the oil bladder has a hole in it, also from 25 years inside the alu resoviour . the cast finish was quite rough and it has rubbed on the bladder and popped it, letting nitrogen into the oil and mixing it up hence mt pogo stick rear end. So my little bling has become an  expensive exercise. will put some pics up.