CT - Urban Enduro - Take 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So, I arrived slightly late at Doodles to find a worried looking Stevo and Mountainboy. It was to be only the three of us... But we're not going to let that dampen the fun! Turned out to be not so much an Urban Enduro but more a trail and dune ride. At the start I never would have thought we'd have so much fun.

First we rode along some sandy tracks, stopping frequently to chat and play, then we went on to the railway tracks. All along there were the most beautiful flowers. Then unfortunately Stevo had to go back but Mountainboy and myself ploughed on towards the dunes and here the best riding happened.

The sand was mostly firm and neither of us luckily took nosedives like the guys last time. Just sat back in the seat and took a hand-full to make her roar! Mountainboy's machine gave a bit of trouble and he discovered she had no oil in the enjin... I got some off the 4x4 guys at the other side of the playground.

Take a look at the video I made, obviously this only shows a fraction of the fun: https://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/michielkaapstad/?action=view&current=AtlantisDunes.flv

piekchas
Me trying to squeese my paws into the gloves
Gloves.jpg

mountainboy checking to see if his rocket boosters is  still working
Push.jpg

Taking a break after we hit alot of Dead sand
Three2.jpg

The Trio
Three1.jpg

KLR fighting the sand
KLR3.jpg

The usual KLR pose - ADV unite!
KLR1.jpg

anybody see a KLR?
KLR2.jpg

Lots of sand.. lovely!
Two1.jpg

We had a lot of fun.I think the only urban we had was crossing the tar roads to get to the dirt. we saw a road and decided to take it. No real planning was made, I only checked out Google earth to see where we could pottentially end up. We had a lekker ride. 35km of Sand and mud!

Good stuff guys.

What happened to MB's bike? Always kaka to have bike troubles.

Michiel, you got more protective gear to wear now?  :thumleft:

Sorry for not joining, I hope you saw my early apologies on the planning thread.  I have a hankering for Atlantis now, so we'll be there soon! 8)

Lito said:
Good stuff guys.

What happened to MB's bike? Always kaka to have bike troubles.

Michiel, you got more protective gear to wear now?  :thumleft:

Sorry for not joining, I hope you saw my early apologies on the planning thread.  I have a hankering for Atlantis now, so we'll be there soon! 8)

So is atlantis the next trip?

Michiel said:
So, I arrived slightly late at Doodles to find a worried looking Stevo and Mountainboy. It was to be only the three of us... But we're not going to let that dampen the fun! Turned out to be not so much an Urban Enduro but more a trail and dune ride. At the start I never would have thought we'd have so much fun.

First we rode along some sandy tracks, stopping frequently to chat and play, then we went on to the railway tracks. All along there were the most beautiful flowers. Then unfortunately Stevo had to go back but Mountainboy and myself ploughed on towards the dunes and here the best riding happened.

The sand was mostly firm and neither of us luckily took nosedives like the guys last time. Just sat back in the seat and took a hand-full to make her roar! Mountainboy's machine gave a bit of trouble and he discovered she had no oil in the enjin... I got some off the 4x4 guys at the other side of the playground.

Take a look at the video I made, obviously this only shows a fraction of the fun: https://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/michielkaapstad/?action=view&current=AtlantisDunes.flv

hi,glad to see you are using that bike of yours,keep her locked...she's good looking :thumleft:

Hey boys! Miss me?  >:D

Michiel - lekker video man!
And is that really what MountaiBoy's XR sound like?  :p
Or did you add some sound effects...  :pot:

:-[

I think my motor is in its moer - no oil when she stop running at the dunes

made it home but she's not well , no compression, lacks power

just when I got her tuned so lekker :mad:

fark - I'm sad today........

Mb, change the oil, have the valves checked also.

Im sure it would be fine :)

stevh0 said:

dude, i'm so hoping thats the case! what would cause low compression tho? the rings?

mountainboy said:
stevh0 said:

dude, i'm so hoping thats the case! what would cause low compression tho? the rings?

that was my concern. What exactly happened  - rather come sob in the correct thread for such problems, I'll help as best I can, as will others  :thumleft:

Thanks for the replys guys. Stevh0, thanks for posting those pictures, I don't know why my "computer said no."

Yea Lito, I'm still on the non protective wear, I know. The sand was nice and soft to fall on tho!  :) Maybe I'll ask for donations each time we ride...

Mungo Park, I'm very protective of my KLR, she cost me many years of freakin hard working and saving, but I bought her to have fun too. Join us next time!

Well, tell Andy that when he landed on that one dune, and got concussion..... :-\ :'(

Skip the 2500kays trippie, get some protection (not Durex), and be safe. Dont worry, thats the last I'll say of it 8)

MrBig, yes we missed you! Get that red machine running and come along to Atlantis, it's serious fun. We'll help kick starting this time. :thumleft:

I'm all for going again soon.