CYCLOPS HEADLIGHT UPGRADE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I have tried to do a led upgrade that turned out a flop , and sort of canned the idea , Then one of my clients asked me to fit a led replacement to his Vespa scooter , and as its one of the leds common to what we use on the big boy bikes I fitted one for him , He is a major importer of automotive electrical parts and while chatting to him about the led upgrade kits , he offered me a upgrade h11 kit . Said I should try it , nice set . but from my previous attempt new that the leds give a error and resistors would be required .
Temo had a pre wired plug and play resistor set , placed the order and it arrived last week , on Sunday afternoon we did a test fit , to see if the light is being projected or not , Viola its a win , nice bright beam , previous led was just bright no beam .
As the resistors get very hot and there is a chance that it would melt the plastic surrounds on the headlight , we decided to mount them to a ally heat sink , and place them in where they would also get some cooling air .
found some 5mm thick ally plate , will secure the resistors with some cap screws and then stick the plate to the plastic with double sided tape .

PS FOR INFO , While looking for the resistor kit , found some info on LED replacement , and what to look for , Attached is a photo showing why replacements dont always work as we assume that if the fitment is a match the led will work , , but not the case , the placement of the chip need to match the hight of the BULB FILAMENT , If the pin that holds the chip is shorter or longer then the refraction wont work , as in my previous case , had a very bright light but no beam .

Attachments

• LED CHIP .jpg
    LED CHIP .jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts