Dbn-Sani Top-Dbn.... Not easy on ice.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Badger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Last Sunday decided to to go and see if we could find some snow so we headed for Sani Pass.

The group was Mike/GS 1200 ADV, Brendon/GS800, Alan/Super10 and Mrs B and myself on a gS1200ADV.

We took the tar road to Bulwer where we had a delic breakfast at the NIP IN just on the outskirts.

We turned off about 15kms after Bulwer towards Impendle and came out at the x roads, left to Himeville, right to Knottingham Rd and strait to Sani.
The road to the hotel is a highway but after that it got a bit technical but nothing rough. The road after the border post has been cleared of most of the loose rocks.

We got to the 3rd last corner from the top and it had thick ice from a stream covering the entire road. I found a small path on the side and we manhhandled the bikes up.A few 4x4's parked and walked up the rest of the way.

All in all it was a great days riding. We did 560kms and spent about 10 hrs in the saddle. It was nice seeing some snow.

Enjoy the pic's.

Attachments

• IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    84.1 KB
  • IMG_3649.JPG
    IMG_3649.JPG
    100.9 KB
  • IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    46.2 KB
  • IMG_3658.JPG
    IMG_3658.JPG
    71.4 KB
  • IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    93.1 KB
I must say I was impressed with the Super Ten.......Good traction and awesome stopping on the dirt roads.

Attachments

• IMG_3665.JPG
    IMG_3665.JPG
    91.5 KB
  • IMG_3686.JPG
    IMG_3686.JPG
    79.2 KB
  • IMG_3685.JPG
    IMG_3685.JPG
    73.7 KB
Thats a day trip and a half  :thumleft:

Must have been slightly chilly for you guys used to Durban's climate  ;)

Hey Kawasefi, it wasn't too bad except for early in the morning. The snow was starting to melt fast except for the shaded parts.

Good outing for sure...

Very nice, you should have taken more pictures!!  :thumleft:

Nice to have on your back stoep.. :)
I gotta tick Sani off one day soon! :drif:

Good one Jeff, looks like you guys had fun.

Thanks Jon, can't wait for another ride with you guys up on the hill.

Will you be going to the race near Greytown on Saturday..?

A few more pics.

You can still see a bit of snow left on the tops.......

Attachments

• IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    42.5 KB
  • IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    58.4 KB
Pistol said:
I saw my nana on that corner on the Sat :thumleft:
Ek het jou gese jy moet kyk  :imaposer: want ons was die week voor dit daar en nice trip Badger  :thumleft:

Thanks BB and Hentie.

Hey Pistol,sorry to hear man, I was helping one of the bikes up and I slipped and slid around the corner on my back. Luckily no one was ready with a camera...hahahaha

One 4X4 thought he could power it through and nearly slid back over the edge, Hence after that they parked there and walked the rest of the way.

Amazing how those hiace 4X4 race down there.......Ice or no ice...... Bloody lunatics.

Nice one, Jeff and F!
Post some more pic's?

Ps. thanks for the invitation.................................. :biggrin:

Also did the pass Sunday.Nice ride.

Decided the only way to tackle ice is in a glass with your favorite .

Great trip Badger!!! Thanks for the pikkies!!! I've done "Die Hell" But Sani and Baviaans are still waiting!!

Hahahaha good one OFFside....It is a lot less technical but a nice ride non the less.

Thanks HTB, give us a shout when down this way.

Sorry WB, spur of the moment. How is the leg?

The Badger said:

Hahahaha good one OFFside....It is a lot less technical but a nice ride non the less.

Thanks HTB, give us a shout when down this way.

Sorry WB, spur of the moment. How is the leg?

good enuff to go for a spin!
will never be 100% again.
non-surgical rehab has worked well so far
keeping it strapped and takin' it easy