Death of a dirt road perhaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Bored this morning, decided to do a quick solo

Hope this "upgrade" is not getting it tarred?

DD01.jpg

DD02.jpg

DD03.jpg

DD04.jpg

DD05.jpg

DD06.jpg

That was the first dirt I ever rode on my KLR! Awesome scenery!
Probably does mean tarring, the WC roads dept are flush because they have used their fund allocations as prescribed/budgeted and provinces that have done so are rewarded with more money from the fiscus. :thumleft:

i like that road - but tarring it would be good for hermanus and caledon so not a bad thing

sorry to have one less dirt road but good to see the western cape moving forwards  :thumleft:

I agree that it would be a good thing for both towns, but the road will become so busy that a leisure drive would be gone  :ricky:

Think you are in for a tarred road! Did a quick search: https://www.capegateway.gov.za/Text/2006/6/overberg_idp_2006_07_projects.pdf

If you want to, contact V3 Consulting Engineers (now Worley Parsons) in Worcester, speak to Callie van Rensburg.

Seems odd though - they've allowed R1.6m which does not buy much tar road!

ahlbebuck said:
Seems odd though - they've allowed R1.6m which does not buy much tar road!

Maybe they are only tarring the middelmannetjie

Edit: The tender was awarded for R 127,382,882.89. That is for 16km!!!!! I'm working in the wrong province!!!

wow... nevertheless, should still be a beautiful scenic ride! nice photos btw!  :thumleft:

Don't hassle, tender fraud will prevail .... even in WC because it is polititians that are corrupt  - period !