Die Val inval. 11 Jul '09.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacquesM

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
A small Wilddog kommando rukked op to save the small settlement of Val (like in val).

Six dogs led by kmdt MD Blazes (only sounds erg Brits). The rest Martin, Arries, Kykdaar, Tinus en JacquesM.

Attachments

• Val 008R.jpg
    Val 008R.jpg
    57.9 KB
Die Plaashuis, a padpredikant, the Post Agency and the Moeggeploegkroeg

Attachments

• Val 009R.jpg
    Val 009R.jpg
    102.6 KB
  • Val 012R.jpg
    Val 012R.jpg
    72.5 KB
  • Val 013R.jpg
    Val 013R.jpg
    75.4 KB
  • Val 015R.jpg
    Val 015R.jpg
    72 KB
An solitary Indiana Kruizer in front of the slaughtering house. The city's only movement thus far.

Attachments

• Val 018R.jpg
    Val 018R.jpg
    77.7 KB
Solid 4x4 oregons in front of the Post Agency. Impressive.

Attachments

• Val 020R.jpg
    Val 020R.jpg
    69.3 KB
  • Val 021R.jpg
    Val 021R.jpg
    63.5 KB
Now we see the mission of the Kruizer. It serves as covert transport for the blesboks.

Attachments

• Val 022R.jpg
    Val 022R.jpg
    88.4 KB
Inside the MgePK

Attachments

• Val 023R.jpg
    Val 023R.jpg
    75.5 KB
  • Val 024R.jpg
    Val 024R.jpg
    83.3 KB
We even had to breek die ys on our way out of town

Attachments

• Val 031R.jpg
    Val 031R.jpg
    107.5 KB
Across the bridge

Attachments

• Val 034R.jpg
    Val 034R.jpg
    74.1 KB
Filling up in Secunda. Kyk daar behind Kykdaar's bike. The total of ATGATT: Takkies, a kort langbroek, a help-my-sterk-lyk hemp and a pair of cool sunglasses, Safe my Mate.

Attachments

• Val 037R.jpg
    Val 037R.jpg
    74.6 KB
  • Val 038R.jpg
    Val 038R.jpg
    81.6 KB
Nice one J.

Just some History on VAL

The almost unknown little hamlet of Val about 30 minutes from Heidelberg in Gauteng and only a stone’s throw from Greylingstad on the road to Standerton, is surely one of the smallest, cleanest and most beautiful little towns on the highveld. It has only 28 inhabitants and is really worth a visit. Andre and Rita bought almost the whole town on an auction in 1994, including the dilapidated old “Val Hotel”. This they restored artistically to its original state to what is today the proud Waterval Gastehuis (Waterfall Guest House) with 8 double rooms, antique period furniture and with well-known Afrikaans writers as theme in each room. The guesthouse offers a cozy private pub, large fireplaces and spacious entertaining areas for functions and weddings. The railway station building opposite the street from the guesthouse will soon be available for backpackers and Andre and Rita are restoring adjacent buildings into a curio shop and farmer’s pub. The small and beautiful thatched chapel further down the road is becoming a very popular wedding venue from where bridal pairs and their guests move to the Waterval for wedding resceptions. Val also has a post office, police station, co-op shop, grain silo’s and a sports club with facilities for squash, tennis and cricket 500 meters from the guest house.

As this was a Scouting party let me add some about the Indians.

dsc00988u.jpg

The Bar where we had Brunch.
dsc00979k.jpg

dsc00990h.jpg

dsc00989g.jpg

dsc00991v.jpg

THE MEN's
dsc00977j.jpg

The Town of Val opened its doors for us.
Nice of them as we thought we would need to go back to Greylingstad fro lunch.

dsc00976l.jpg

The HOTEL.

dsc00982r.jpg

The Hitching post for our steeds.

dsc00980r.jpg

A Mystery to ALL.

dsc00981s.jpg

A awesome winters morning..

dsc00975w.jpg

The way home.

dsc00994czb.jpg

dsc00995m.jpg

Arries posing and giving us the Leg on his new Bike. ::)
dsc00997k.jpg

dsc00999wab.jpg

Please NOTE. No Girls :(  No noobs  :( Next Time :peepwall: My reputation has been damaged as i ONLY take girls and Noobs on rides ???

Will do some mods to the route and i think we have another WINNER for a sleepover close to Home.
Great to ride with some old WD's and also super to have met Arries.

Looks very lekker - what distance and is it possible for someone to send me the route you've taken?

Dit sal nou n lekker plek wees om te besoek, nie eers geweet van die plek se bestaan nie! Dankie, mooi RR en inligting!  :thumleft:

Missed out on this time on a gew occasions due to some other distractions.  Will have to go one day.

Thnxs for sharing.

hondsekierie said:
Looks very lekker - what distance and is it possible for someone to send me the route you've taken?
Ek stuur hom vir jou" J " Two routes 1 there and a different one back. Got your e-mail--i think--if not i will ask you to post it to me. " M". Distance from the East of Pta about 450km there and back. Jy sal dit geniet--Ons soort mense Rita en haar man wat die Dorp besit.

Hoofseun said:
Missed out on this time on a gew occasions due to some other distractions.  Will have to go one day.

Thnxs for sharing.
Why did you miss out ??? Oh sorry i forgot you were digging obstacle course for the Honda's and testing the 800 gs in DIK sand :pot:

blazes said:
Hoofseun said:

Thnxs for sharing.
Why did you miss out ??? Oh sorry i forgot you were digging obstacle course for the Honda's and testing the 800 gs in DIK sand :pot:

The digging was as prep for Africa Twin Club's annual training weekend, and hopefully there will be more than just Honda's as there is also a nice sand section.  Did not do too much digging as there were some serious contenders to see who could show the men how it's done :thumleft:

What fun, riding the GS800 and the GS1200 Adventure in the same section of thick sand.  I've got my opinion.........

:deal: Oh sorry, I am on the the wrong thread with this answer!

Please send me the tracks to Val as well :ricky:

Hoofseun said:
blazes said:
Hoofseun said:

Thnxs for sharing.

The digging was as prep for Africa Twin Club's annual training weekend, and hopefully there will be more than just Honda's as there is also a nice sand section.  Did not do too much digging as there were some serious contenders to see who could show the men how it's done :thumleft:

What fun, riding the GS800 and the GS1200 Adventure in the same section of thick sand.  I've got my opinion.........

:deal: Oh sorry, I am on the the wrong thread with this answer!

Please send me the tracks to Val as well :ricky:
Will do.

( Are you  :pot:)