DirtyXT and his trusty side kick go west...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyTeNeReLess

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
:imaposer: Lynn is gonna moer me for that title.  :deal: :imaposer: :ricky: :pot:

hello!  :3some:, so its been decided that this Christmas we going to hit the west coast (done the east coast to death and Lynn buckled under my consistent t suggestive brain washing techniques...) AND Ive never really been that side of the country.  :eek7: on a bike or otherwise. basically from the 15th to the 12th.

early stages yet and I just wanted to check with the group to see what must do places are out there, we have 28 days to get back to jhb...

heres the initial idea. aside from the heat this should be good.  :biggrin: im not a fair weather rider like my loyal and obedient side kick.  :peepwall: :ricky:

basically slab it to Kuruman from JHB (just to feel like we have left) stay there for a night, then head via Hotazel to Augrabies falls (probably dirt from here) stay there for a night or two, then maybe kenhardt (Dirt) and do verneukpan (our bucket list), from there perhaps head west to springbok and either head to Port Nolloth (any decent things there?) or Hondeklipbaai and track on down to Slaapstad (can you hug the coastal line? and anyone know of a must stay over spots on that coast line?) for new years and a few days with friends. from Slaapstand going to head towards PE via barrydale, Ladismith (say hi to veldtie),  then Die hel (mine and Lynns bucket list), then BaviaansKloof (Lynns bucket list) and head to PE to say howzit to the locals and from there depending on time may with go through the transkei to KZN or head to jhb (maybe Lesotho if the coupe de tat is over...) . i know the oos kaap  pretty well so might add a few uber cool passes in that side by the real reason is for me to do die hel and Lynn to do the baviaans.

this just the basic outline, will plan a proper route soon. wanted to get a feel for attractions on the northern cape / west coast in case we ride past something fantastic and don't know... its moer long to have to go back. we going to camp and B and B it... recon every 3rd or 4th day book into somewhere kiff and chill. but need to book i think in advance considering it holiday season and all.

any suggestions and comments welcome as previously let us know if you're in the area or would like to hook up for a dop or 37 at some point the thing with trips is meeting people on the way. anyone know whats happening for the new years do this year?