Does this look like fuel filters or pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hey guys, I know it's not an Adventure but I'm looking for some help with my 990 SMT
I have what seems to be a serious fuel starvation problem :(

Met up with the SO's dad and his FIL in Bedofrdview to go to that Classic Motorcycle Club in Germiston. It went fine to Bedfordview, hoon it out of Bedfordview and get onto the highway, as I go to overtake some one...."PAAaaaaaaarp......Paa..ppaaaa.........paah" No power. Try roll off and on again, just gets worse, as I pull the clutch in it dies.

Bugger.

Pull over and after like 2 mins it starts again. WTF!!! Ride slowly to the CMC And it seems ok. Left there and filled the gas tank just in case (fuel light never came on though) 12L went in and it's a 19L tank.

Ride back to Bedfordview and it seemed fine.

Leave there to ride home and pretty much every time I went near WOT it just wanted to die. Especially uphills etc. Sometimes it would be fine though.

You can see in this video, as I shift to 2nd I got WOT and hold it there and the thing just dies.
SMT fuel problem

If it's the fuel pump, is that Facet replacement for the 950 or the 990? What would I be looking at for the fuel filters?

Should I check the sidestand swich or would that be wishful thinking?

Thanks guys, great forum, and thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

Latest posts