Down and broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
8h30ish yesterday morning, cruising down Hendrick Potgieter, I see a huge JMPD road block, both sides of the road. I am in the left hand lane, planning to go off at 14th ave, the guy next to me in a delivery bakkie is watching the road block on the other side of the road, looks up and can't stop in time, so swings into the left hand lane in front of me, and hits the brakes, I tried to go left, but caught my handle bars on the back corner of the bakkie. 

Bike and I went down on the right side, I landed really heavily on the chest and ribs. Bike went spinning off the road, I stopped skidding a couple of meters later.

I wake up to see a lady holding my head, she tells me her name is Erin, (thanks Erin) paramedics were great, lots of police on the scene seeing as the whole thing happened in front of them.
In all fairness the cops  were great.

Think i went back to sleep for a while and woke up in Fourways Life.

Lots of x rays, broken ribs, lots of bruising and generally flippen sore.

Got an sms from JMPD to say i need to go and fetch the the case number from Florida Police station etc.

I could scream and shout but i guess shit happens.
Helmet got holes it it, gloves have holes in them, jacket torn, but NO holes in me. So I guess everything did what it was supposed to do.

I need to find the bike now, it was towed somewhere by somebody! ! !

Insurance says that they will sort it out.

So lots of TV for me today and tomorrow, not a lots they can do for busted ribs.

Be careful out there guys.