Duallies to Dullstroom - 21 January 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgigglz

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Duallies to Dullstroom - 21-22 January 2012

Firstly, this is not a technical ride. About half the distance there will be on dirt roads of varying quality. There'll be a little soft sand to deal with, but we'll be taking it easy and noobs are welcome. You just need a bike that's road legal, is comfortable on highways and potentially rough dirt roads, and has a fuel range of at least 150km.

We might will be organising a group booking for the overnight accommodation at Elandskloof. Take a look at their website and let me know what accommodation you would be keen on. I'm calling them at 12:00 on Wednesday 11 January to make the booking.

Meet at Que Sera for buffet breakfast (cost R55) - 7:30~8am, depart 8:30~9am latest (see map)
I'm banking on the ride taking maximum 6 hours including stops.

ROUTE. Last update 1 December
Please scrutinize and comment. Very open to alternatives/suggestions.

Red route takes longer, but is a lot more scenic.
Yellow route doesn't get us any closer to our destination - merely a scenic "bonus ride".
Whether we take them will depend on the weather and how we're feeing on the day :)

I've got six others from Think Bike confirmed, and another four maybes. Who's keen?

Latest posts