E-Storm & V Strom to Angies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ok it is freedom  day and I pre- arranged with my Father to take a slow ride out to Angies G-spot for lunch.
The old man has had motorbikes almost all his life, but only road bikes. Now in late retirement he got himself a little Honda E-Strom (125cc road bike )
We were in for quite a challenge!

Departure from George at 07 am

1.jpg

We took the 7 passes road to Knysna, this road is always a pleasure to ride, the scenery is spectacular and the road is in fair condition.

2.jpg

Along this route we crossed several old bridges.

3.jpg

The area is still very dry, we really need some rain urgently.

4.jpg

6.jpg

Quick stop to stretch the legs.

5.jpg

As we get closer to Angies the scenery just gets better and better.

9.jpg

Approx. 5 kilo’s from Angies we round a corner and find GROOT KAK
In the road.
12.jpg

The bakkie hit a pothole about 50m away and from the marks on the road the suspension collapsed right there. I think they can be lucky that they did not go left, because then they would have been over the cliff on that side!

Just a couple clicks later

The little Honda was really going well and was about 15 meters in front of me when the old man went over the tail of one massive snake lying in the road.
Mr. snake did not take too kindly to this and stood up ready for a fight just as I came close! It all happened so fast all I could do was to lift up my leg and hope for the best.
I don’t know if the snake struck or not, but I made it!

Arriving at Angies, Herold and a couple of guys came running out to inspect the little
Honda and the old man that rode it to there. They could not believe what they saw!

We had a bit of a kuier and some of Angies world famous lamb curry and rice.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Then it was time to head back to Knysna. We took Kom se pad all the way into Knysna.

16.jpg

Almost in Knysna and time for another short break.

17.jpg

From Knysna we slabbed it all the way home with only a quick stop in Sedgefield and again in Wilderness to stretch legs.

The little Honda really surprised me, that is a small bike with a hell of a big heart.

My Father surprised me even more, to ride that bike on mostly gravel to Angies and back home really takes BIG ones.
Thanks Dad I had a great time. Time to get you a decent bike now!

Well done on your Dad for the ride. Looks like you both had a great ride.

Looking forward to be down there in June from the 4th to the 11th.
Hope to see you guys at that time.
My brother inlaw will be transfering to George permantly from 1st May.
This will give me an excuse to ride, but who needs an excuse anyway.

Book for the EC Bash. More time to ride & chat.

C YO

Youre lucky to ride with your dad!!
Has he had a go on the V strom yet?

Chris, yes he's done quite a bit of saddle time on the strom and we did swop for a couple clicks yesterday.

Just came across your ride report - nice one!!  Great that you have a dad that takes the time to do bike runs with you!  :thumleft:  Be safe...