East london To Kefani

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaya3

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Seeing that it looks like we would not be able to meet up with the ec dogs this weekend , we will do a little trip to kefani exploring more dirt in our neck of the woods . nice 80 km

So far its myself , Nelf13 and Baksteen and maybe Nick1

I have attached the gpx file

Attachments

• GonubietoKefani (1).gpx
    120.3 KB
  • Gonubie to Kefani.JPG
    Gonubie to Kefani.JPG
    137.7 KB
Looks like a nice ride you guys got planned , sorry cant make it , will be doing the Winterberg ride . Ja ek chicken alweer uit Baksteen  :deal:

So last week Jaya3 decided that we will have to go and explore a little bit of more gravel roads than the previous weekend.
He send a few emails out stating that we will meet at my workshop in Gonubie at 06:30, have a fresh cup of coffee, and then head out for a nice ride at about 07:00.

We didn't know what to expect, and thought there might be 2 or 3 new guys there.  We ended up being 11 bikes on the day.

Thank you for everyone that pitched, was good meeting new faces, some WD and some Non-WD.

So seeing that I was selected host, I was at the workshop at 05:45 to start getting my bike (that sleeps at the workshop) and the coffee ready  :sip:

My little piggy all on its own, ready for the days ride

A few more guys arrived

A whole lot of KLR's pitched that BaksteenEC invited :thumleft:

We headed out in A LOT of dust.

This was our first stop at a small piece of tar connecting two dirt roads, to see if everybody was still here.

Our second stop was on a bad dirt road ( :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:), just after missing a few cows after a sharp corner.

After a brief stop, and a refuel for a KX450 that has a minute fuel tank, we headed on.

A few km down the road Jaya3 had a puncture.  On closer examination, we saw that he broke one of his spokes on the back wheel, and that punctured the rear tube.

Lucky BaksteenEC had a whole workshop on his bike, so they removed the wheel quickly and set off fixing the problem by fitting a new tube

Busy checking all the remaining spokes before putting tyre and tube back

Fitting the new tube very carefully to make sure that they don't pinch the tube with the tyre :peepwall:

After an hour Jaya3 was still smiling while pumping the wheel with a small compressor...

...just to find out the tube was pinched and he will not be able to continue on the ride :peepwall:

I rode back to Gonubie to go and fetch the recovery vehicle :deal:

The other guys carried on with the ride, and apparently had a very good ride.  

Please post some of your pics on this thread so that I can see how the rest of the route looked :imaposer:

Just finished loading the XT

On our way back, tired after struggling with the back wheel, we found a small spasa shop in the middle of no were.  They sold ice cold beers, and we had to buy a couple.
On the way to Jaya3 house, we took a offroad detour...

At his house we saw that his number plate that took a beating with some rocks last week was completely gone after this ride.

A little work lies ahead for Jaya3.  Needs to rebuild the back wheel, but should be back on the road soon :thumleft:

Looks like a awesome ride , yep I definitely missed out , well done  :thumleft:

Will keep a look out for your next ride or maybe even pop in at your workshop to meet and swop numbers!!!

Lekker to meet new like minded biker guys!