EC WD Bash: The vrou and I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really cool report

was really cool meeting all the EC dogs -get some faces to the names.

we really had a blast

sorry if the WC dogs misbehaved at times  :mwink:

Nice report!

It was really great meeting you and the wife.
We definitely must hook up for a ride again.

I've got some nice piccies of our scoots at the dam - will post it later on.

Oh, and by the way, well done on doing the Baviaans fully loaded two-up. That takes some seriously big balls. :eek7: :thumleft:

happy112.gif

Yes dude, nice om jul te kenne te maak. Ons moet bietjie rides reel hier in die EC.
Nice ride report, net jammer jy't nooit eintlik my sweet ride afgeneem nie

KT-emmer707 said:
Hey Vleisvreter

Pleasure meeting u 2. You actualy made it in to my ride report. You'll see a bit later.  :thumleft:
Battling with this damn comp. Donno how to marry the pics with the comments ???
Any advice?

Baie dankie - ek is nou famous!!!

Okay, this is how I do it... (the Ride Report, man!!)

First, open up www.photobucket.com and register with username and password.
Create a new album (kom ons noem dit maar ECBASH)
Click on Bulk Uploader, and wait for the sitye to search your hard drive directory tree.
Select the folder that has the pictures you want to upload.
Select all the photos that you want to upload.
UPLOAD..

right, that's easy.

Now, I write my rr in MSWord, or you can use Wordpad, or enige deng wat 'n brief kan skryf...  ;D

Tik tik tik o gats backspace tik tikke.... blad di blah...
.... en hier moet daar 'n picture kom...
now click on the img tag on the picture thumbnail in photobucket of the relevent picture, then paste it into your text using control-v
voila (that's French for bakgat) you have some text and a picture... and so you carry on. Just keep the spacing lekker, and keep picture tags on their own line so that the pages do not get forced wider, and you will be very pleased with the result.

Now, just select everything ( control-a) and copy (control-c) it and then paste (control-v) it into your reply-to-thread window.

Here is a typical rr as you would type it. It is an extract from my Lesotho report.

7am next morning, Friday 29th, after adding a small tent to my pack, we scoot out on the N2 to Mtatha in the Transkei, and on to Kokstad for the regulatory Burger for lunch. We refueled in Himeville, and I filled the 2 jugs too. Now the Palomino had a serious load aboard. (Why, oh why, I hear some of you moanâ?¦? Yeah, well, like I saidâ?¦ lessons to be learned.)
Turned off onto the Sani road for the first taste of gravel.
[lMG]https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii7/Carnivore_photos/Lesotho%20Feb%202008/006.jpg[/img]
[lMG]https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii7/Carnivore_photos/Lesotho%20Feb%202008/005.jpg[/img]

Note that the IMG tags are close together...? That means that they will have no space between them, and the text will be right on top.

If the 1st IMG tag was directly followed by the 2nd one, on the same line, then the two pics would be lkangs mekaar and that would make a crappy layout.

Also note that I have deliberately edited the [lMG]https://i260.photobu -  I made the capital I a small case l because otherwise the pictures would appear instead of the code... but it is just an illustration.

Mods, please feel free to repost this explanation in some how-to-thread if you think it should be moved out of this thread.

KTMemmer and Colleen really nice to meet you both.....and really nice report ......like the style you two have...... ;) ;)

Must admit after a weekend like this one doesnt want to go back to wrk ??? ??? but the idea of another weekend on the DS bikes keeps us going for the week........ :biggrin: :biggrin:

GO GIRL said:
KTMemmer and Colleen really nice to meet you both.....and really nice report ......like the style you two have...... ;) ;)

Must admit after a weekend like this one doesnt want to go back to wrk ??? ??? but the idea of another weekend on the DS bikes keeps us going for the week........ :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hey GG
It was nice to meet u as well. Had a look at the pics of ur fall...All I can say is, ur a legend man! :thumleft:
Most MEN would have given up the weekend and go home.
Id go to war with you any day. RESPECT. ;D
I like ur style more. Hope the lip heals quickly ;)

Hey Emmer!!!!

Respect met julle "Long Way Round" na die bash toe, brudder!!!

Lekker om jou en jou goeie helfte te ontmoet.

En lekker kak gesels en vuil jokes vertel by die vuur.  :biggrin:

Sien julle by die WC bash, natuurlik...

Could'nt agree more, nice meeting you'all at the bash, sweet machine you have there  ;D