Elasrus via waterberg on two XR s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hondsiff Honda

Did a 2 day spin out through the waterberg up to elusrus on thursday with a mate on his newly aquired XR600, mostly rode gravel and backroads. awsome riding up there, that 600 didnt miss a beat.
A big black mfarker of a wasp..spider eating wasp flew into my jacket and stung me twice on my back while doing 130km/h down a sand road

We rode over 1100 km in total was awsome to get out of town

Didnt take too many pics just enjoyed the scenary..

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Packing extra fuel before going through Waterberg..

IMG_0774.jpg

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

IMG_0800-1.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

Hammerhead said:
Missed you guys by a day!
Went through Alma on my way to Bots.

Didnt pass anyone on two wheels on the sand while out there was very surprised  :-\ think that wasp layed eggs in my back :eek:

Something very special about the Waterberg area. Love that place stukkend. A big Thumper --Sandy roads-Game all arround you-The mountains calling you--Magic.

blazes said:
Something very special about the Waterberg area. Love that place stukkend. A big Thumper --Sandy roads-Game all arround you-The mountains calling you--Magic.

Actually got the idea from one of your prev RR, Its really a fantastic place. Im planning a route through Natal next around Nottingham rd and the karkloof area any input from the natal ouens would be appreciated :mwink:

Pistonslap said:
blazes said:

Actually got the idea from one of your prev RR, Its really a fantastic place. Im planning a route through Natal next around Nottingham rd and the karkloof area any input from the natal ouens would be appreciated :mwink:
Hi C. I have a two day run down to Natal. I can let you have the route if you have a GPS. First day sleep over in Ladysmith and then all along the Tugela--Two full days of riding.

blazes said:
Pistonslap said:
blazes said:

Hi C. I have a two day run down to Natal. I can let you have the route if you have a GPS. First day sleep over in Ladysmith and then all along the Tugela--Two full days of riding.

Thanks M that would be fantastic thank you, I was down there on a shoot recently and we stayed at a b              &b where the farmer had a thumper .. he said he knows routes for miles through the mountains near karkloof and surrounding areas.. did a mountain bike race there and it was awsome scenary :mwink:

Pistonslap said:
blazes said:
Pistonslap said:
blazes said:

Thanks M that would be fantastic thank you, I was down there on a shoot recently and we stayed at a b               &b where the farmer had a thumper .. he said he knows routes for miles through the mountains near karkloof and surrounding areas.. did a mountain bike race there and it was awsome scenary :mwink:
PM me your e-mail  C and i will send it to you--you can change it to suit you. M

Latest posts