EtienneDRZ’s Dee aaR Zee Shakedown ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Shew, this long weekend flew by! Monday night the unthinkable happened, I got promoted to a new bike!...thanks Dad!

The choice was between a WR450, DRZ or XT660…needles to say the drz got my vote! Some quick mods the day before the trip saw a new handlebar, stone deflectors not handguards! For obvious reasons!, different gearing and a mirror ;D

We hitched the XT and the Z on with the trailer and headed towards the farm, where        we were to be joined by a 650GS aptly named “Die Rusbank”…

Hmm not much pics really, there was riding to be done, through Ladismith towards seweweekspoort and into Laingsburg for lunch, then a quick 100km gravel stint back to the farm. My rear tyre was completely shot after only 260km’s of dirt riding every single knob was torn…coming sideways out of every single corner must have had something to do with it…but man was it great fun!

I basically just spent the weekend getting comfortable on the new bike, learning how it reacts in certain situations etc.
Ok ok, enough with the boring talk, herewith a bundle of pics of my bundle of joy :lamer:

Game Face :D :D
15Medium.jpg

Stand up
2Medium-1.jpg

Sittin
4Medium-1.jpg

Hmm…
6Medium.jpg

Yum Yum doughnuts!
7Medium.jpg

Comfy!
8Medium.jpg

Hey! I can see my house from here!
11Medium.jpg

12Medium.jpg

Quads are lame compared to this bike
14Medium.jpg

All in all, an all in all great weekend I’d say, lovin the bike! Need to start saving up for rear tyres though
A happy man!
1Medium-1.jpg

Fantastic Etienne, looks like you had a complete jol.  Look forward to Atlantis.

nice man you are already looking cumfy on the Zee

Mag jy GEEN bene breek op hom nie!! Baie geluk en veilig ry.

Yes Etienne, was awesome naweek  :thumleft:

Edit: Pics van ons trippie (sien onder)  :ricky:

Moet weer so maak,

PS, gaan jou kry oor die rusbank comment!!  :laughing4:

Attachments

• 100_0416.JPG
    100_0416.JPG
    150 KB
  • 100_0417.JPG
    100_0417.JPG
    108.9 KB
  • 100_0422.JPG