Fallenbikers.co.za memorial run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm am joining because

• I get to talk k@k to other bikers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to show of my KTM

• It is how fast I can do the trip to impress others, and maybe become a statistic.

• Total voters

Sharingroads

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
DKW (all models)
As lots of you know, I am married to the owner of Fallen Bikers, a site dedicated to our fallen brothers and sisters.

The missus just mailed me this for the 30th, and we will improve anually as we learn.

As most of you are aware Fallen Bikers was created in October 2010, shortly after the terrible accident that claimed the lives of two CMA Riders in Pretoria North.

In memory of all those that have fallen I would like to organize a Fallen Bikers SA Memorial run that will take place every year the Sunday closest to the 21st of October.

I know that this is short notice but I will be planning a run for the 30th October 2011 to Denneysville (the Motorcycle Museum). The route is still to be banged out a bit as we don’t want to just hop on the highway and then hop off again, so if anyone has a route suggestion – please drop me a pm.

For me the purpose of this run is to just remember the ones that have lost their lives.

I would like us bikers to do this run doing what they loved and what we still love to do.

Da’Fiz made this comment once “I was driving along Giel Basson yesterday afternoon when I passed a bike parked on the side of the road. The rider was sitting on his helmet right in front of a cross that had been previously planted in the grass. What a profound effect this image had on me when I retired later that evening, I awoke this morning with that image still in my mind”

Unfortunately with this run one can’t stop at each and every cross (because to date there are already 99 riders that have been added some unknown). So the aim is to ride to Denneysville obviously having stops along the way (will be determined once route has been finalized), have a meal and then after awhile head back, not necessarily on the same route.

As this will be the first run that I will be organizing, I would greatly appreciate some inputs from those that have.

Please note this is a memorial run, but still some fun. Road will be tar only, unless somebody has ideas to help with a off road map.

Trip from Pretoria and back will be around 400km, and it is not a speed test. Evrybody welcome, and if your bike is busted, come with a car.

PM me for more info.