JUST HOW FUBAR IS GAUTENG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I commute down Allendale rd then onto M1 and western by pass to hop off at W Mandel dr ( WILLIAM NICOL ) and then down main to Randburg out of the 25 odd traffic lights 60% does not work and has been out for about a year now if not longer , Allendale has 9 traffic lights , of these 5has been out for over a year , and 2 is out of order at least 50% of every week . on Friday there was a fatal accident , metro closed the road and created a backlog for kilos , was of no concern to them , just said road is closed .
And the joke is that un qualified persons are directing traffic , and hoping the motorists adhere to them , which seems to work some how .
Yesterday on a breakfast run we returned from a round trip to Rustenburg via Magalies and back via the R104 . There is a bit through Majakaneng , memory failure , should have turned of to the N4 , but carrien on on the R104 WHERE this local township is there is all but no road left , fortunately we were all on adventure bikes , so not a major problem , but this used to be the main road to Rustenburg in the 80s remember traveling it to go to SUN CITY !
If we really look at the degeneration of everything ,They ( ANC ) is possibly very correct in there statement of boiling the frog slowly by increasing the heat. Things are fubar , but we just except it and be atch on socila media , but doing something to fix the decay , not sure it can be done !
But we still live in a awesome country where I can ride my bike with huge freedom!