First ride with the F800.... Hel included...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
First ride with the F800.....

I got up early for a long weekend of riding, very excited to see the stars in the dark skies as it was raining quite alot through the week.

The new horse starting up.

Greenmamba was waiting at the gathering point

Pic.jpg

First stop Steytlerville for some grub and coffee. The Royal hotel recieved us with open arms.

Pic1.jpg

Making our way down to the KKNK the Meirings Poort called my name. Went through and back.

Pic2.jpg

The bike can't behave and had to cross the bridge...

Pic3.jpg

Next up was Swartberg Pass. View to the South.

Pic4.jpg

View to the East

Pic5.jpg

View to the North

Pic6.jpg

We made a new friend up on the mountain. Hello Jacques from Cape Town.

Pic7.jpg

GreenMamba on his way into the hel.

Pic8.jpg

Taking a rest. The Hel can be hot. Luckily it was nice and cool....

Pic9.jpg

Looking back towards the entrance.

Pic10.jpg

Down towards Gamkaskloof.

Pic11.jpg

At the bottom in the Kloof we met Cloudglazer. Nice to meet you.

Pic12.jpg

I am so impressed with this bike. Nice and lite.... lotsa power..... good for taking jumps. So far i cannot find fault with the front suspension.

It was literally flying over the humps.

Pic13.jpg

The compulsory sticker.

Pic14.jpg

GreenMamba crossing the big stream of wata....

Pic15.jpg

Die Kaptein is nou omtrent net so dik as wat hy lank is.

Pic16.jpg

Next up was the Rus en Vrede waterfall. I met a professional photographer here and we had a looooooong chat.

Pic17.jpg

Outeniqua Pass on my way to go visit Trailrider. GreenMamba was still busy fighting the speed limit.

Pic18.jpg

View onto George

Pic19.jpg

Took a ride through to Mosselbay and had lunch there. On the way back i was freezing.... Robinson pass

Pic20.jpg

Back to PE in the rain. Rain suit worked well.

Pic21.jpg

Cuppachino and Savory Pancake... Nom nom

Pic22.jpg

GreenMamba enjoying his Curry and rice.

Pic23.jpg

The End...  :thumleft:

Pics taken with Nokia Cell phone..... don't blame the nikon for picture quality please...  :biggrin:

What an awesome ride. Must look into this one.

Thanks for the cool pics. :)

redtiger said:
Lekker RR are you happy with the 800 CS?

Yes I am but there is space for a second bike in my garage. :thumleft:

buzzlightyear said:
Lekker om weer 'n RR van jou te sien Cappie  :thumleft:

Thanks.... en ek is bly om een te kon skryf.

Marcr said:
What an awesome ride. Must look into this one.

Thanks for the cool pics. :)

Was a great ride. I always try to keep my ride reports short and sweet. Some nice pics and thats it... :thumleft:

next time fugmeister!  :)  awesome riding this weekend, cappie faster than ever on his new scoot  :eek:  
great to have met some fellow wilddogs as well, cloudgazer looking well chilled on his solo ride (keep us updated on that zumo of yours  :biggrin:  )

thanks to trailrider for the beers, most welcomed by dry throats.  great to meet the man and his family!  :thumleft:

if anyone hasn't been to 'the hell' yet, it's a must as the roads and views to get there via the swartberg pass are brilliant!

ta for the ride kapetein!

RobC said:
Nice one Cappie! Good to see you back in the saddle. :thumleft:

Nice to back indeed. Only one problem.... Since i got back in the saddle it has not stopped raining and i currently don't have a car :p

Kaptein lekker ryverslag my maat wat is jou 2de bike in jou garage? Wat mis jy van die 1200?

zetman said:
Kaptein lekker ryverslag my maat wat is jou 2de bike in jou garage? Wat mis jy van die 1200?

Ek mis die gemak van die 1200 maar sal die ratsheid van die 800 wil verruil vir die gemak nie.

Daai tweede bike...... long distance tourer..... iets met spoed en gemak. Ek hou nogal van die Yamaha FJR. :drif:

My ander droom bike is natuurlik die BMW 1200GT

Kaptein span die seile! Pragtige fotos en jy is duidelik baie gelukkig met jou 800. Mooi, mooi wereld daardie.