First tube patch done: (follow up) questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
OK, I have done my first motorcycle tire off / tube patch / putting back again.

Few questions:

1. Is there a specific place where the tire needs to be on the rim, rotation wise, as not to affect the wheel balancing too much. In other words, should I have marked the tire and rim and then rotate the tire back to that mark before putting it back on the rim?

2. Once I have patched the tube, how long do I wait (for the patch to completely dry) before I can put the tube back?

3. I have used 2 long tire levers, many has advised to me to use 3. I have noticed I have caused some damage to the rim with the tire levers when I put the tire back, especially at the last section where it was difficult to get the lever in between the rim and tire (it's a BMW F800GS standard rim with smileys that I am going to replace, so ideal to practice on). Damage both in scratches where the black came off and slightly bending the rim.
Is some damage inevitable when using tire levers or will this not be a factor once I've got my technique sorted out and have more experience?

Thanks!