Fixit Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
For some time now I've wanted to have certain parts of the plastics on the bike fixed but as it did'nt effect the bike in anyway I just never got round to it .

Woke up early on Wed morning and thought ok today is the day I get my arse into gear .Took the plastics off and got them to a local plastic fixer guy .

One of the pieces that needed to be fixed after fetching on Fri ,still have to drill hole . 

Yesterday thought about getting the footpeg holders re powder coated so took them off ,but what about the pannier brackets,rear brake lever and gear lever  - so took them off to .

Ready for delivery to powder coaters .

Then I thought what the hell I've now started ,so lets take off the hand guards and respray them ,this lead into the screen plus fairing  and mudguard coming off as well .I sprayed all these yesterday but last night say Beemermans post on Satin black ,as I'd sprayed all mine Mat black I was at local hardware store waiting for them to open to get some Satin Black .All the hype about yellow head light protectors also incentivised me to take headlight off and give it a good clean so perspex man down the road from work can measure up nicely when he makes one .

All Sprayed

Right time for cleaning ,now I knew it was gonna be messy so rather put it on the lawn so not to stain the paving .

Before

Four litres of degreaser later and just after the heavens opened ,one clean bike .

The clean up of the mess can start another time ,my calves and thighs remind me of what I felt like after a good oppie while still in the army .

Now I'm not the most technically minded guy so I hope and pray that once all the parts come back I can put it all back together again .

Oh yes exhausts cleaned with Autosol as well .