For Carnivore & Pumpkinpip - 60csx upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Greetings

When I read Carnivores post on the other thread I initially got annoyed , thinking it was a bit NASTY suggesting I rather go read manuals than solicit advice on the forum.  In fact , I wanted to call you a preeeekkkkkkk :imaposer:

But , I have changed my mind , I have done some reading , and have to say THANKS for your suggestion.

Whilst comparing the 60 to the 62 series I came across the following , I quote

"The track logging on the 62s is a disaster…probably the most important feature of my 60CSx was that I could switch it on in the morning, leave it running all day with the maximum track logging detail (10m intervals between points), switch off in the evening, and at the end of a trip I would have a complete daily log of my movements without having to lift a finger even when individual daily logs went as high as 30 000 points. Now with the 62s…. 1) on my unit the auto logging does not work, so if I exceed 10 000 points , only the last 9 999 are recorded, and earlier points are dropped off the track – no auto archive file is created (as claimed by Garmin) to store the points as they are dropped from the active track, 2) even if it did work as claimed, I would end up with more than one track per day if I exceed 10 000 points, and the last 10 000 will only be saved/archived if I remember to do this manually at the end of the day. So there is a major chance of data loss, plus I would need to splice archived tracks together to get a single daily log. I cannot comprehend why Garmin have seen fit to break a perfect, simple, reliable logging system and replace it with something so complex, cumbersome and unreliable. As for the naming of the archived and saved tracks…the mind boggles at how someone could come up with such a cumbersome, useless (they cannot be sorted chronologically) and inconsistent (archived include the time of the first point and saved tracks the time of the last point in the file name!) system…"

How many points is the 78s capable of ??  I concur the plug is better and sexier etc , but this could be a bit of a hindrance ?

Pumpkinpip, could you help with this info , or must I go read again ?

Have a super day guys

Latest posts