• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale - BMW 650 GS (single) - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo_za

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
My 2002 is for sale

At 18 years old and 94 600 odd km's this is no spring chicken show pony. If you expect guarantees and perfection look elsewhere.... 

If you are realistic and willing to see what is on offer for what it is.....then please proceed to read the rest.

I have owned this bike for a number of years and have steadily fixed, improved and maintained it. The things that I can remember (apart from normal servicing items and consumables such as filters, oils and brake pads) include-

Repaired heated grip wire and fitted new grips
New clutch plates and clutch springs (OEM)
New water impeller and seal kit (OEM)
Front brake master cylinder kit (OEM)
Rear brake master cylinder, new cup seals sourced independently as BMW does not do a seal kit for the rear,
New battery
New sprockets (front OEM, rear aftermarket and chain
New Sirac rear tyre 
Replacement (2nd hand Lambda sensor). Was still trying to pinpoint why the bike will sometimes idle high from start. Currently I just perform the well-known ECU reset routine by opening and closing the throttle 3 times before re-starting and it then idles correctly at 1500 rpm. BMW or a competent mechanic like Runner should be able to trouble-shoot and fix it. I just never got around to it.
Added the wiring, fuse and plug to enable charging the battery without removing the plastics.

Did a number of trips on the bike and at one staged commuted daily on it. Compared to my KLR, the comfort of the GS, its ABS assisted Brembo brakes and the heated grips are heaven. 

For now, I will place a few photo's and pricing options.All paperwork are in order.

As Blazes recently said.....that guy called "dibs" does not live here, first one with cash through the door is :thumleft:.     

The Commuter version - bike with topbox and your choice of seat (high or low) - R23000

The Adventure version - bike with topbox, Rockfox panniers and both seats - R25000

Attachments

• 20GS.jpg
    20GS.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 6GS.jpg
    6GS.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 10GS.jpg
    10GS.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 9GS.jpg
    9GS.jpg