FULL SAUSAGE / WORS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Winter has arrive in all its freezing glory ! but has not stopped me from using my bike to commute , in fact it an awesome opportunity to test things out for out trip to Lesotho in a weeks time .
LAYERING is the answer in staying warm , this has me wearing a long sleeve compression shirt , a thermal over that , fleece body warmer , neck warmer , jacket and the end result is one feels like a stuffed sausage , just enough room to breath :eek: .
What I find is that its the wind chill that is the culprit , and blocking the wind will be the best option in staying warm . Not using it on my daily commute , my riding suit is waterproof , and this keeps the wind out . Wearing a thermal base layer and a long sleeve shirt that does not fit to tight , leaving space for air to be trapped and work the body , seems to be the next option to test . Doubling up on close fitting items seems to have a negative effect , its not keeping me warm and feels like its letting cold air in as there is nothing creating a barrier ,
I have another 7 days of commute to test various options and combinations .
Hands are still a arear that is compromised , but , is in the process of being resolved , Nice pair of winter gloves on order , will report back once received and tested .