G-spot singletrack on a 650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growweblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
The Cape mountain-bikers among you will probably know the G-spot downhill course and surrounding MTB trails on Stellenbosch mountain. I live in Dalsig just below G-spot and had 1.5 hours before lunch on Sunday, so I decided to hit the trails. But since I'm lazy it was on the Dakar.

Some "stock" G-spot shots:

p4pb5926282.jpg

p4pb4518007.jpg

It's great exploring up there, and quite a thrill coming down the fast section of G-spot on a 200kg bike :ricky:
So as not the irk the hikers and mountain-bikers, I switch off the engine on downhill sections. Halfway down I got a bit cocky on the speed. Made all the berms, though  ;D

Attachments

• ride1.jpg
    ride1.jpg
    208.3 KB
Al het jy geen skade aangerig nie vermoed (weet) ek die dude wat die trails bou en maintain (en baie heilig is daaroor) nie baie gelukkig gaan wees nie.

Die man kla reeds as mense met fietse daar ry as dit reen of te nat is.

Wat ek verstaan...want hy het daai berms en ST met die hand gebou.

:bueller:

YamaV said:
Al het jy geen skade aangerig nie vermoed (weet) ek die dude wat die trails bou en maintain (en baie heilig is daaroor) nie baie gelukkig gaan wees nie.

Die man kla reeds as mense met fietse daar ry as dit reen of te nat is.

Wat ek verstaan...want hy het daai berms en ST met die hand gebou.

:bueller:

It is this type of behaviour that cause places like Sossusvlei to ban bikers to enter....

If one knows that the owner / builder don't even like bicycles to ride when it might damage the track - why do it with a motorcycle? :-\  :peepwall:

+1 to the above, don't be a doos and ride on the MTB tracks, that's just kak style.

That track is built and maintained by a student out of a love for the sport of enduro & downhill mtbing. He spends hours & hours out there building the trails and doesn't ask a single cent for his efforts, please respect this and use it for what it's intended otherwise you're going to stuff it us for those of us that enjoy mtbing there as well.

Buff said:
+1 to the above, don't be a twatwaffle and ride on the MTB tracks, that's just kak style.

That track is built and maintained by a student out of a love for the sport of enduro & downhill mtbing. He spends hours & hours out there building the trails and doesn't ask a single cent for his efforts, please respect this and use it for what it's intended otherwise you're going to stuff it us for those of us that enjoy mtbing there as well.

Yes. Eden (next door to G-Spot) was locked down for mountain bikers, walkers & hikers due to bikes and quads entering illegally and making a huge noise when the 'hood was trying to catch some afternoon shut-eye. Took quite a while and lots of begging and ass kissing to get it opened again.

The_Crow said:
Buff said:
+1 to the above, don't be a twatwaffle and ride on the MTB tracks, that's just kak style.

Yes. Eden (next door to G-Spot) was locked down for mountain bikers, walkers & hikers due to bikes and quads entering illegally and making a huge noise when the 'hood was trying to catch some afternoon shut-eye. Took quite a while and lots of begging and ass kissing to get it opened again.

Went for a ride on my 300 in Stellenbosch mountain the other day. Shot up through the 'Proef plaas' and headed to the old rifle range. Got there, and since I don't live in Stellies anymore, saw they'd closed/locked those gates down there. Very surprised, but there are still many other ways to get into the mountain...And have fun!

I'm aware of the impact of a motorcycle on that mountain, that's why I went up on the water works gravel road, kept revs generally low, and switched off the engine to freewheel down the track.

But you're right, the last thing I want on a Sunday afternoon is a snarling dirt bike trashing the mountainside. Better to leave it for the pedallers.

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

bicycles are the mode of transport in those area,s