Garmin Mapping software and new shoes for two.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDOG

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi all,

In anticipation of a trip which I will be undertaking shortly I borrowed a friend's GPS - Garmin 60C. I used to own a GPS until it was redistributed to a less appreciative owner without consent. So, I had to go through all the upgrading of software. I had WorldMap since SA maps were not available back when I bought mine, thus I either had to purchase new SA maps or go for Tracks 4 Africa. I decided on the latter and am absolutely chuffed with their offering. I only bought a few map sets on the Internet so didn't get the entire suite, but if I ever decide to go to a country I don't have a set for I will purchase that latest one. The downloading and installing was a breeze, and the info is IMO excellent.
I furthermore downloaded the latest MapSource update which has improved dramatically from the earlier version.

I'm now hopefully not going to be as lost as I usually am!

I shod my pony in TKC's front and rear. I decided to try these instead of a new perelli Scorpion on the rear - again anticipating an adventure. Commuted to work on the new TKC's this morning and must admit that I am a little weary. I understand they have to scrub in a bit, but the feel this incredibly different. I will give them a bit more of a chance, but my ratio of dirt versus asphalt riding may oblige me go back to more road orientated tyres. The ideal would be to have a spare set of wheels, but alas that is too expensive. I hope they are good on dirt - thats where my hearlt lies!

The other set of shoes was for myself! I decided that I need a new set of boots. Got a pair of Oxtar Infinity's. Class I tell you! Even better that I got a fantastic price through a friend.

I haven't posted any pics since I hope to post a full report on this planned adventure of mine! Will show off all new things then.

Latest posts