MY24 300 6 Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Bajaj (all models)
And here our new journey begins:

For the last 6 months or so, my planning has been in Randella's, I was set on a 22/23 GasGas 300 and sticking with the tech and platform that I have learned and loved, my mind was nowhere near the new platform and I havnt really kept up to date with all the quirks and real world feedback of the last 8 months since the launch of the 24.

MSRP is €12 495 (250k odd) but in Typical KTM fashion they are already dropping the prices in anticipation of the new model. Most 6days now retail for around 10,8k but this specific dealer had theirs marked down to €10,495 so I decided to investigate. After some negotionations and a firm shake of the hand I signed on the dotted line for €10,245. For some background, the EXC's in standard trim are now on special for, €9,999 (with its poverty spec black frame) so I made the economical decision by adding 5kzar for the following items.

2024 KTM EXC Six Days editions highlights:
Orange frame protectors
Six Days specific seat with extra grip
Six Days bend handlebars (no details supplied)
Anthracite coated silencer with Six Days logo
GIANT high-strength rims with Six Days logo
Orange-anodised CNC machined triple clamps
Orange front axle puller
Semi-floating front brake disc
Solid rear brake disc
Rear brake safety wire
Orange Supersprox stealth rear sprocket
Orange upgraded chain guide
Composite skid plate
Map-select switch
Radiator fan
Metzeler 6 Days Extreme tyres

Yes some items are irrelevant and gimmicks, but considering I only paid €245, more than the standard bike, I score in terms of:

Orange frame 🍊 (makes you 10% faster)
CNC t-clamps - i prefer the stiffer front end, its more predictable and my forks are setup around this.
Solid rear disc - much stronger and less bite, nice progressive feel which is really necessary in Extreme environment.
Floating disc - you can use a low weight (read slightly flimsy) front disc to reduce unsprung weight.
Comes standard with both fan and map switch (here is €300 alone).

Ill use this page for my build and bike updates as the season progresses, first race and presumably maiden voyage too will be in 4 weeks, Dowatek Germany Hard Enduro Series.

1000105038.jpg

Last edited: