Garmin service and availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Garmin may be the ultimate GPS tool when in the great outdoors but when it comes to service in our country they suck.
My tried and trusted GPS12 of many years decided to give up the ghost and after trying to revive it Garmin in Cape Town offered a replacement at a fair price.
On collecting it and paying up I requested a data, power cable, but was informed sorry we cannot supply and told to go to one of the many retailers.
But again not one of them could supply the cable for the GPS60Csx model. Garmin just has none in the country but is still happy to hear the tills tinkling as they sell units.
I then e mailed Garmin in the UK and had the cable within 4 days and at less than R300 using R12 to the Pound. (GPD 24.90). SA price R340. :pot:
I still have an accredited Garmin retailer in Cape Town who happily took my money upfront trying to find a cable in the country. The excuse: "Garmin is a big ship and it takes time to get products".
Next time I need any Garmin equipment one can easily guess where I will shop and not even leave my office

Latest posts