GARMIN ZUMO What a piece of crap!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrap

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
I have developed an intense hate for Zumos. Intense! The Zumos are of dubious quality and are poorly supported by an arrogant and dismissive distributor.

Today I received my third Zumo and fourth mount in 11 months.
All the data stored on the Zumo is once again gone. Thats not such a big deal I suppose but it adds to the build up of frustration.

I like to keep the maps in the internal memory. Its a mission transferring it. I have just found out that I cant do that as the new unit comes with 2008 maps so the 2007 Mapinstall wont transfer them. I have to find someone with stock and fork out R99 for the DVD. Why dont they just include it in the box????? On the plus side hopefully now the Zumo wont tell me to turn right over the precipice half way down du Toits Kloof or keep telling me to turn right into the veld all the way from Worcester to Franschoek and then recalculating ad nauseum or lead me into a dead ends and traffic circles that dont exist. Somehow I doubt it. The new unit seems to have the outdated software so I have to download and install that. Also a royal pain in the arse given Garmins fukin klunky user interface.

It took them two weeks to decide to replace my unit. It went in because the last mount that corroded also corroded the contact points on the Zumo. Resulted in lots of nonsense error messages and shit sound quality. I have stuck it back in the box and THROWN it onto a shelf in my garage. It has never failed to spoil a ride that it accompanied me on so I rather leave it at home. My wife uses it in the car on the odd occassion. Its hers now. I'm done with it.