Gauteng to Northwest Overnighter Recce Ride.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boer!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I am leaving on a quick Recce Ride for the Northwest BOSVARK BASH on Saturday Afternoon  @ 2PM.

My plan is to pack light, explore dirt roads from Centurion/Johannesburg area, up to Lichtenburg, all the while keeping on dirt roads just north off the N14, and explore towards Lichtenburg/Mafikeng area.

Then camp out overnight, wherever,  as long as it is quiet and peacefull.  Have a few beers, and share a few laughs around the campfire.
And Sunday, I will be exploring the Northern roads back to Gauteng via Zeerust and North of Rustenburg, finishing off with Breedtsnek via the Mooinooi, and finish up in Hartbeespoortdam.

Anybody have any advice on routes I can try out, it would be appreciated. 
Anybody else want to join? Newbies welcome, we won't be taking too technical roads on this trip.

Departure time:   Saturday 2pm.

Stay over:  Somewhere remote and quiet in Lichtenburg area.  Bring your tent and warm clothing.

Return: We will be back Sunday Afternoon @ 4-5pm, but you can bail out of the route anytime you like.

Please note, This will be a self catering ride.  The camping spot I have in mind has got Hot Water shower, a Toilet, and nice big Fireplace/Boma.  And plenty peace and quiet.  But we might also camp somewhere else.

Show of hands who wants to join......  :ricky: