Gautrain Opportunities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steady

The Gautrain cometh, and with it comes opportunities to ride in some new places.

Threw some knobblies on the XChallenge last week and went along to the area where the Gautrain is going to tunnel under the N3 looking for loose sand. A few pic's herewith. The working areas of the train lines are usually locked but in this particular area they were open on the week-end.

Used a cell phone so not great quality but gives an idea of the scale of the tunnel.

gautrain3.jpg

Yours truly.

gautrain.jpg

And the other side with the bike at the top. Still lots of digging to do, gave a bit of a hand with my Dunlops but I doubt that it wil be appreciated. ;D

gautrain2.jpg

Me and GRIM were discussing this just the other day !
The whole route should be rideable soon ;)

Steady, the Maxxis on the front had very shallow knobblies.
The D606 front is by far the best bet, and as your bike is 18 rear, gooi one there too.
I have the other way round and I am ok, would prefer the D606 on the rear too,

Thanks Sharkie, I must say that the Dunlops are very impressive on the back, not too pleased with the Maxxis yet, taking a bit of getting used to. I went that route as I did read on ADVrider that the Dunlop on the front was prone to move around but I would not know. Very good reports about the Maxxis on the front. Front brake very sharp on the bike still getting used to it so time will tell. Looks like the Dunlop will not last long tho, must say excellent in mud and sand.  Will have to wait and see how it goes.

Please can I ask you to email me the pics you posted of the Gautrain ride, as the photos no longer show up on the post.

I would like to also ride my x challenge there but cant see..

Thanks
[email protected]

Latest posts